“What's not to like, or like?”
Review of Mamma Lucia's

Mamma Lucia's
Ranked #9 of 122 Restaurants in College Park
Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Basically fast-food Italian with rush-rush atmosphere typical of eateries catering to college students. We thought it was an Italian restaurant. It strives to be one, but not all goals are attained. The Italian full-service menu looked good. We had a regular dinner off this menu.
Not impressed, though it was edible. Server claimed that chef was top-notch, but this place clearly just trying to process high quantity.
Rates 50% for Italian restaurants. Cannot be favorably compared to chains like Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We contacted Mamma Lucia's last minute, an hour before closing. They accomodated 9 adults and 5 children well, gave prompt and attentive service, stayed open a few minutes later and took pictures of us. Food was delicious.

1  Thank tmposey
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Excellent pizza. Generous pasta dishes, well-prepared. Not fancy, but it has an authentic ambiance. I have been there tree times with my UMD daughter. Looking forward to my next trip to College Park.

1  Thank JA M
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Food and service were good. Excellent price special on Monday night really helped to control the overall bill for our group of 7. Good place to eat if you are in the area and looking for friendly faces and decent Italian food that appeals to a broad group. We would eat there again if in the area.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

If Mama Lucia's had been the first place I ordered a Pizza Margherita, I would have assumed the dish was tasteless, and never have ordered it again. But it's the other way around: I almost always order Margherita, because the ingredients are fresh and simple, and yet--everywhere else--it's always tasty.

I also ordered a side of spinach with olive oil and garlic. How hard could that be to make? Unfortunately, even this was a disappointment. Also the first time I've ever been disappointed in it, in an Italian restaurant.

What was especially frustrating about these is that I had a high expectation, They server started us out with crusty toasted bread and flavored oil t drizzle over it. Yum! But it was sharply downhill from there.

The most incredible element, by far, was that when the waiter came around and asked how it was, I told him, "Lousy." I've never ever said this to a server or maitre d', but this time it was simply true. And his response? A slight smile, and he moved on to the next table.