“What a great place to stay!”

Cherry Hill Park Campground
Zeeland, Michigan
“What a great place to stay!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

So easy to use the bus that takes you right to the subway and also easy to drive to the sub way if you want to. Great pools and hot tub and café. Nice people everywhere that were so helpful when needing directions. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking to camp around this area. Full hook up and cable were great. Very large laundry room was very helpful in the two weeks we were here.

Room Tip: Pre plan your site visits to make the most of your time. Pay extra for the larger camp sites. They...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Foxman980

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
North Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is the ideal RV park for touring DC and the various attractions. When we arrived the space we had reserved was taken and we were given the space next to it. We liked it even better. This place is made special because of the staff. What a great bunch of folks! Everyone was so helpful in making sure we knew how to use the public transportation to get to and from DC. When a wood support to the dining table/bed came loose, a staffer took me via golf cart down to their maintenance shed to pick out which screws I would need to make repairs. He then even drove me back to my campsite. Another staffer drove a cart to our site with the bags of ice and firewood that we had ordered and then refused a tip for his services. The food at their cafe is very good and very reasonably priced. The ladies working in there really did a great job too.

Others have mentioned the traffic noise from the Interstate Highway but we didn't have a problem with it even though we slept with the RV windows open three of our six nights. This is the best RV park we have stayed in and we will return for another visit in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim K
Bellville, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our stay at Cherry Hills Park started off badly. We had reserved (we thought) a pull through site wish good satellite views. When we arrived, we learned that no notes had been left in our file and we had to take a back-in site with no satellite reception. We were told that they had good cable and wifi in the park but the cable was very fuzzy and wifi never worked. When I complained to the office as we were told to do I was told "We'll check it out".No improvements were seen during our stay.We paid a high price for this park and expected better service.There were lots of amenities for kids but few for adults.

I finally realized that we did not come to Washington to watch television or to surf the net and we took advantage of the Gray Line tours and enjoyed ourselves very much. The tours were great and went off without a hitch. Well worth it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JayC103
Claremont, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I found this campground to be very well kept. The site was level and all the site amenities were in good working order. The restrooms were clean and the store, pool and cafe were very nice. The employees were very nice to me and my family while we were there. The big detractor I found about this place was all the noise. There was construction going on the entire weekend we were there and the heavy equipment starts promptly at 7am (beep....beep....beep...bang) so sleeping in is quite difficult. Compound this early awakening with the fact that falling asleep with all the traffic noise from the beltway (which we could actually see from our site) is a challenge, it makes for only a so-so stay from my perspective.

Granted, this campground is very close to DC and the commuter bus stops right on the campground, so access to the city is very easy from that perspective. However, since I was here for a bike weekend, I rode my Motorcycle into town most of the time so public transportation wasn't really an issue for me. Also, round trip commuter fare is approximately $10.00 each and I saw all day parking in garages in the city from $15.00 so there is no savings. Next time I take my RV to DC, I will likely stay somewhere else.

Bottom line, it's nice and clean and everything works but I didn't think it was all that restful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Dave L
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This park is a wonderful place to stay for a day or a week. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The convenience of a metro stop right in the park is great. The cafe and pool were a real bonus. I would stay here anytime we are in the area and look forward to seeing the lodgecwhen it's completed.

• Stayed May 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We made a special trip to DC to bloom see the cherry blossoms in bloom and hit it perfectly after having to re-schedule with the campground several times which they were so gracious to do. Cherry Hill is a perfect base of operations for touring the DC area. We towed our car behind our motorhome but found we didn't need it at all due to the great bus service and the metro. We spent 5 days there with full hook-ups and were extremely pleased with the staff & the services. We stayed right across from the Star Cafe which was great for grabbing a fast bite before heading out on tours in the morning. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Although it may be a little pricey, with all of the amenities it was well worth it. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank swhite
Smithsburg, Maryland
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

This campground was very large and it turns off things for the kids and adults to do how to it was nice both bath houses were clean spacious play in hot water I understand its all green we met friends there for Easter weekend and they ended up doing a couple of trips to DC to see the sights

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Laurel
Best Western Plus College Park Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area

Been to Cherry Hill Park Campground? Share your experiences!