“Ms April is the best ,had troubles but she is the only one to fix problems but 1”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

I stay at this hotel all the time a couple of the front desk staff need to learn how to talk to guest they are loud and sometime rude . They stepped up and got a security company ( delta security ) they seem ok but then you find out they are rude as hell rent a cops that are unarmed and can't save there self if problems arise . They really have issues they don't know the area they are in .. I hope u don't need them ..the hotel needs armed security not a bulletproof vest wearing clown ...its says alott when security where's a bullet proof vest and they say no problems and cars still getting broke in in front of security makes u think they are involved I stayed there for 21days then got my apartment
Gm Bobby makes excuses for his security saying he can't control what they do

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank choicemember2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
cairo
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The price was cheap and there was an indoor pool. But that is where the positive ends. Booking was not as we requested (booked a few rooms), maintenance went home early afternoon so we could not get the bed and door repaired (they actually never came to do it). Never got refrigerators as requested, cots went to rooms down the hall.
Bed was broken upon arrival which was no big deal and we reported it immediately. They said they would replace it, never did and when I called after we left to report it, was treated rudely and told I was lucky I was not charged for the damages.
We asked that they clean the stairwell because there were leaves,papers, and wrappers from inappropriate and questionable products scattered around. We were told by the front desk that it was hard to keep up with since the rooms were rented for "less than a day" at a time. They are not receptive at all to requests or any issues you may have but rather are defensive. It was very disappointing and we will not be staying there again. We thought that we could not go wrong with a name brand hotel and we were wrong.

Room Tip: Not suggested.
2 Thank ss491
collegeparkinn, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Guest :
Thank you for your review. As indicated previously on a email reply back to you: Refrigerators and microwaves are available on a request basis. The rooming list did not indicate that. Also only one room on the rooming list asked for a rollaway. We did gladly, provide that complimentary.
When the request was made for the fridge on arrival , the hotel was fully occuupied and we did manage to give One to your group.
The public areas are cleaned daily and we could not find any evidence of the complaints you made during your stay. The hotel did accomdate your request for the bed broken by offering you a different room which you declined.
We strive for complete guest satisfaction and will do everything possible to make sure to all requests are honored.

Travellers are raving about these College Park hotels

Bald Eagle, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Had a room with a hot tub in it. The room was great but they location of the room in the complex is very poor. Lots of noise. Room was clean and very comfortable. However everyone was very pleasant and helpful. They changed our room unfortunately no hot tub but good location facing courtyard with king size bed and gave us an incredible diner at the restaurant in the hotel. The food was incredible and the owner attended to us personally. This is a place I would stay again. Great pool and hot tub and things for kids to do.

Room Tip: Don't get the room with the hot tub in it unless noise is not an issue. Better to get a room on...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Commack, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Pros: Price, clean rooms, large indoor pool, shuffleboard, indoor putting green. Pool has a lifeguard!!! I don't think I've seen this at a hotel in 30 years! Shuttle bus to Metro station.

Cons: Maintenance is lax, location less than stellar. I stayed there 4 nights - breakfast never changed: Waffle station (with a designated employee to make you waffles), hard boiled eggs, raisinn bran cereal, corn flakes, orange juice, apple juice, stale small bagels, whie bread, mini-donuts, toaster, coffee, milk, yogurt. No scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage.

Location is good for visiting Univ. Maryland. If visiting DC, I would look for a hotel closer to a Metro station.

Room Tip: When reserving rooms, get a room away from the pool if you like to get to bed early, or sleep late...
1 Thank zerotax
langhorne
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Great atmosphere. Very kid friendly. Liked the indoor, outdoor ammentites. Staff were very friendly and accomendating. Room was clean and inviting. Breakfast was good, and there was a staff member there at all times to replenish what was needed and to make waffles. Definitely would stay here again.

1 Thank knap525
atlanta
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Firstly I'll start in the coutyard. I took a dip in the pool, hit the jacuzzi (sp?) and gym, all were ok no problems. Breakfast was included, a little short of the usual hotel continental breakfast, no eggs or breakfast meet. They are upgrading thier rooms, an upgrade is in order. (Outlet went off and on, missing safety latch from door, cracked corner plastic with sharp edge, slow sink.) The highlight and low of my stay was an early evening report to the desk that my refrige was not working ( Im a 8 day stay construction guy that cooks and freezes all my meals). Food spoilage is critical to me. I did not recieve the refrigerator that night but was promissed it the next day. Of course I worked OT and came back to my home cooked meals spoiled. I was ready for a fight but the manager very graciously paid fairly to compensate for the loss. My mistake was not to promptly report the other defects in my room, from the positive experience with the manager I must assume all would have been promptly corrected or would have moved me. I'd give hotel a chance. If your not happy, report it, they seem very eager to please.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
New York, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Clarion Inn in College Park was a great deal, given the prices of hotels in the DC metro area. The bathroom and beds were nice and clean. However, the hallways and general condition of the hotel was shabby. Staff were helpful. Our door facing Route 1 / Baltimore Avenue was quite drafty, so we had to blast the heat. You get what you pay with the overall facilities, but the room is nice and clean.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business