“65th Birthday Party”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Hyattsville, Maryland
“65th Birthday Party”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I held my 65th Birthday Party on August 3rd, 2013 at this hotel and it was excellent. The Manager Margaret Bachan did an excellent job on the food and accomdation. All of my guests had a good time. Overvall excellent service

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank dolly48

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Marlboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were visiting the University of Maryland for their family day, we reserved 2 rooms and to start all of the rooms windows face corridors which is very disturbing for us in particular, inside the room we had one of the rooms was ok and looks like it had been refurbished and was decent, the other one was in a very neglected state and didn't have a fridge or microwave as the other one, the carpet was scary and the beds, lets just say that when you removed the covers the sheets were all wrinkled like someone just got out of the bed and placed it over. If you most stay here bring flip tops , soap, shampoo and perhaps your own sheets. The pillows very soft and basic.
They do have continental breakfast until 10:00 am which was good enough for us. The staff is friendly and the place has indoor pool and some amenities for those looking to expend some time indoors. We weren't. Over all we could not find something else so we had to come to this place.

Room Tip: Request a room that has been refurbished recently, ask.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these College Park hotels

New York
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a slightly run down roadside motel in a suburb of Washington, surrounded by similar roadside motels. They charged me $200/night and I expected a nicer place for that price. There was nothing hugely wrong. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, I was able to sleep and get on with life. There was a pool and a gym and a typical motel-breakfast of factory-produced bagels, cereal, and yogurt. All these things were fine as far as roadside motels go, but again for $200 I've stayed in much nicer places. The sheets and pillow cases were old and worn, the carpets were all very old and worn, decor was 1970s style (though not actually THAT old). We had a room facing the road and the noise was terrible, with fire engines and partiers coming and going all the time. They tried to add a $1 per night charge for the in-room safe, which I thought was outrageous, and when I objected they simply removed the charge. How stupid to insult your customers like that for $1. Next time I have to go to College Park I will try somewhere else, but if you have a reservation here you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Away from the road and reception.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SE Texas
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Had a very small issue with the room but enjoyed all aspects of my stay. Liked how they transformed an old Holiday Inn outdoor motel into an indoor hotel. I enjoyed my stay and the staff was very friendly towards me. 95% of the room was clean and comfortable. The 5% is not even worth mentioning and I am sure was addressed immediately. Will return when returning to DC/Maryland area.

Room Tip: Had an interior room by shuffle board and it was quiet enough for me to rest comfortably.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Felt very unsafe staying there. The people hanging around in the parking lot were sketchy. Front desk clerk was not friendly or pleasant. Was run down, dirty. Breakfast not on par with other Choice Hotels. Will not return.

• Stayed September 2013
Lexington
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed at the Clarion Hotel in College Park with my family for 2 days this summer. Our stay was organized by Carol Nelson of J and C Tours and Cruises. Ms. Nelson did a fabulous job in securing our stay at the Clarion. Our room was clean and comfortable. The fundome and its activities, which included a pool, shuffleboard, and a mini Putt-Putt, were very accessible. The free breakfast was great with many selections. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, too. We were travelling with a group that had to leave early for activities on one morning of our stay. The staff arranged to have breakfast served earlier than usual for our group. I would definitely stay at the Clarion and Fundome again.

Room Tip: The fundome is on the ground level and can be accessed right outside your room if you are staying on...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Malverne, New York
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had a group booked at the hotel it was a pleasure working with group sales the rates was reasonable my group leader stated that , the rooms were clean the breakfast was great the workers very nice to the group and overall her group had a wonderful stay I would book this property again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends