“March 14-15 2014 Stay”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were attending the Horse Bowl Competition held at the University of Maryland. The location to the University was very close. The staff was very friendly. Our room was clean, and we had a great two nights of sleep. The homemade waffles were great. We are coming back in June for another weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel offers excellent customer service. Front Desk is extremely helpful. We asked for a room with Microwave and mini fridge, but our room did not have what was requested. Front desk solve problems immediately. Room and bath room are really clean.

The hotel condition, however, was not as good as expected. Room was small. As you walked in the lobby, you can smell the chlorine of the pool (!!!!).

My tip? Go to other hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed over here in February and had to extend our trip during the snow storm. If it was any regular hotel my kids would have been really bored and would have made me crazy. Thank god for the Indoor Pool and games. We had a great stay, the staff is really nice and takes good care of you. Also we ate in the restaurant couple of times and it was good food. Rooms were clean and so was the general appearance of the hotel.

Room Tip: With kids you definitely want to stay by the pool and enjoy your room while looking out for the kids...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelfreaklaurel
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I've read the other reviews and I do agree that the setting were less than pristine, they were no worse that I would expect from an economy motel. I was very satisfied with the heated pool and the small, but adequate, work-out center. I was most impressed, however, with the service we received. Within minutes after entering our room, I received a call from the service desk asking if our room was satisfactory. The people at the front desk were cordial AND knowledgeable about the area, giving us dining recommendations within walking distance of the motel and directions back into Washington, DC. Next time I am visiting Washington DC I will be staying at this inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel is low priced and the staff are very helpful, however it doesn't compensate for the conditions. I've stayed at the Clarion quite a few times recently because of the distance of my new job and I always find myself feeling uncomfortable. Mostly, it's because of the smelly parking lot that always seems to have a stream of stinky water puddles. The carpet in the rooms is extremely filthy. My last room had several gum stains and some of them were still sticky, eeww. I personally believe that the place should be shut down. I've never visited the pool, but you can smell the chlorine in every room (even the outside rooms).

My most recent stay I had the front desk call my room several times complaining of a barking dog. The irony is that I'd called complaining about the barking dog from my cell phone. My room phone was yellow with grime so I didn't use that. Nonetheless, no one ever came around to check on the dog complaint. The receptionist had the nerve to ask if I'd brought a dog with me. That just confirmed that she'd never noted or investigated my complaints about barking dogs interrupting my sleep.

Room Tip: Pay an extra $20 to stay at a more reputable location.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank msvsingram
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Went with a group of 82 people (yes eight two) We had a great trip and everything was done as I had requested them. I wanted to extend my sincere thanks to the sales staff, front desk and the kind lady at the breakfast area for their help and cooperation. We appreciate it. Thanks again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

It is now past 2:30am I have called the front desk many times, they do not care about the hotel guests experience, the restaurant music is loud and can be heard over the television, I have had it with this hotel, I will never stay here again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business