“Friendliest Hotel in the Area!”

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Granada, Granada, Nicaragua
“Friendliest Hotel in the Area!”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

So I'll be honest - my first impression wasn't great. I use a wheelchair and when I got here I did not have assistance and unfortunately I couldn't make it up the ramp to get into the lobby to check in.
It was very late and the front desk clerk came outside to meet me and got me checked in. He was as accommodating as possible and very friendly.
The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. (and I have a very bad back)
The next day we decided to extend our stay another night. Front desk clerk during the day was also very friendly and helpful. I spoke personally with the manager later in the day regarding the access issues for people in wheelchairs - and WOW! He was SO nice & friendly and understanding and I have every belief that he really will fix the access issues. If they are fixed I would give it a 5 out of 5 rating!
Thanks for a great stay despite having the access issues. :)

Room Tip: Handicap accessible room is in the back of hotel with parking directly in front of the room and easy...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
DAYSINN6812, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear Michelle O:

Thank you for sharing your experience. Ensuring guest satisfaction is our number one priority at the Days Inn College Park,MD. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis and my team is excited to hear you had a positive experience.

We look forward to serving your future accommodation needs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Canton, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Although they lost my reservation and i did not check in until 5:45am the next morning they were able to find me a nice clean room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
DAYSINN6812, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Hungry23:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 301-345-5000.
College Park, Maryland
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Although the property looked old and room carpet looked worn, the room was very clean and front desk staff were outstanding in their services very friendly and well informed. Good breakfast and great location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
DAYSINN6812, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Dear John W, Thank you for staying with us and for your review, Thank you for mentioning our staff exceptional services; our room cleanliness and our wonderful continental breakfast which is complimentary; I’m very proud of our team.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope that you will have the chance to use our free exercise facility and free internet service at your next visit.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 14 November 2010

The Days Inn College Park is in serious need of repair. It's old and the bed linens are threadbare. I'm definitely not a fussy traveler but even this was a bit much for me. The metal stairs were rusting with big holes in them. It is a no-frill, bare bones kind of place. I only paid $40 to stay there and thats exactly what I got -$40 worth of quality

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Briana81

Travellers are raving about these College Park hotels

UK
Reviewed 7 October 2010

It was a last minute decision to go to Maryland, and I found the hotel to be just the ticket. It was accessible, clean and quiet.
There was a "continental style" breakfast every morning, with some healthy options. I found the hotel staff , very responsive to my needs - especially the charming cleaning staff. I slept well, and had no cause for complaint.
I would go back

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Hampton Roads, Virginia
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I've stayed in some bad hotels while moving around with the military. Many much worse for much more money. The old adage of "you get what you pay for" comes to mind. We paid just over $60 a night to go to DC so we didn't expect 5 star digs. We would have liked to have a microwave & mini fridge in the room but the beds were clean & the bathroom was clean so we were happy. I don't pay for a hotel to use their restaurant, their exercise facilities or to go to the spa. I pay for somewhere to sleep. If you're looking for bells & whistles you should be looking at a 4 or 5 star joint, not a motel. Parking is plentiful if a bit awkward to use - not much space between the fence & your space to turn in to. The neighborhood was pretty quiet, but Baltimore Ave is a main thoroughfare with lots of traffic. We did not have a coffee pot, & there is NO pool (some photos show one). Suggest leaving the hotel at the back entrance & going down 2 streets then hanging a left to the light when trying to get out on the main road with traffic. They accept pets too, which was a must for us on the family vacation. Only a few minutes from the parking area for the Metro so it was worth the $ to us. The internet is indeed free but I wouldn't say high speed by any means, it took several minutes for any 1 site to load. I'd recommend it if you wanted to get to DC on the cheap or you needed a last minute place to stay. It is what it is, not a 5 star but not the worst hotel on the planet either. Really near to U of Maryland for those who don't like drunk college towns, or those that do.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank R78
DAYSINN6812, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park, responded to this review, 6 October 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience. Ensuring guest satisfaction is our number one priority at the Days Inn College Park,MD. I am saddened to hear that your stay was not perfect, but look forward to making your stay much more satisfying in the future. Please be informed that our outdoor seasonal swimming pool opens from Memorial Day through Labor Day of each year. Our guest rooms are also equipped with the standard amenities including coffee makers, ironing kit and guest room safes.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you better in the future.ture.
Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days on a business trip. Thankfully unlike some other reviews, I didn't find any bugs, but the furnishings in the room itself were quite worn out. Upon arrival I stood around in the lobby for 10 minutes before someone showed up at the front desk.

The shower was broken when I arrived, but it was fixed after I notified the front desk. On the plus side, I made use of their advertised shuttle service which was helpful, but inconvenient since it only runs until 4pm. Overall, the hotel isn't in the best location and I didn't feel too safe walking around after dark to get some food. In fact, on my final night a huge fight broke out in the room across the hall at 2am. I notified the front desk and they sent up a security guard who stood outside the door listening to the screaming and yelling (which I could clearly hear through my closed door) and then left without doing anything. The police arrived shortly thereafter and arrested two people.
I understand that this wasn't the hotel's fault, but it simply reinforces the feeling that this hotel is a little shady. It's a great price, but look elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business