“Not happy about the smoke but otherwise ok” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Fairbanks, AK
“Not happy about the smoke but otherwise ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I got a non-smoking room that really smelled like smoke. They gave me some cover up spray and it helped with frequent reapplication. Apparently there are some rooms that are further away from the smoking area but they were occupied. The staff didn't really see the problem the response I got was, this is a non-smoking room, we promise, it is what you asked for.

It really needed new carpet, new mattress, etc in order to REALLY be a non-smoking room. However, I don't really think there is a value hotel in college park that is a great place for non-smokers.

Pool was the Ramada pool, the two hotels have the same owner. Loved the pool.

Breakfast was pretty good, my kids liked the options.

There are some micro-fridges that they move around. They don't have a good system for tracking where they are so you can't really count on having one. But the staff were acommodating about moving one into my room, when one became available.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Brunette B, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We apologize for the less than satisfying scent of your room; but we were happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool and our breakfast selections and the helpful staff, we will continue to strive towards keeping our hotel more modernize to ensure our guest; a relaxing stay.
Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tupper Lake
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My room was clean and well-equipped, although I think that this is the first time I've been in a motel where they felt it was necessary to attach the iron to the ironing board with a cable! I could not seem to get cold water out of the cold water faucet. It just ran warm---not very refreshing in July. When they assigned me my room, I didn't realize that getting there would involve dragging my heavy suitcase up a bunch of steps or dragging it up a rutted dirt path worn into the lawn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Your review is very valuable to us, and it allows us to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve; but to go beyond expectations. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
Thank you for mentioning our clean and well- equipped rooms. Your comments and suggestions have been transferred to the management team, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

Best wishes.
Hamburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Clean..breakfast acceptable. Here is the BIG PROBLEM. I rented two rooms for 4 guests. Rooms were next to each other. Many rooms in hotel were empty yet the room next to mine was rented and the clientele were young men and women who partied loudly all night. Complaints to the front desk were acknowledged but accomplished nothing. They continued to party and disturb us till 3 in the morning. Why did management place them next to rooms with people middle age who were in bed early so they could see the D. C. sites early the next day. Complaints to the desk brought no satisfaction the next morning. I liked this hotel because of the location and rate and would have continued to book it when visiting but now I will,take my business elsewhere as well as my word of mouth referrals. Sorry does not cut it. Learn how to ruin your place of business. I was upset the morning of the two nights I did not sleep well because of rude people and management which needs training. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Brunette B, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for your review. At Days Inn, College Park; we value our guests and apologized for diminishing that trust you have given us to provide you with a pleasant and comfortable stay. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.
In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. Hopefully, this will be a small step in regaining your expectation in our hotel. We hope to see you in the future.