“Excellent staff!”

Holiday Inn Washington College Park
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Due to circumstances out of our control we were diverted here overnight from BWI. The staff made multiple travel weary groups as comfortable as possible. Charlie the engineer, Diana in the restaurant, Lisa, Kylea, Lillian, Keisha and Gerardo and every person on staff we met offered exceptional service. Thank you for the excellent care.

• Stayed: August 2014
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Summertravelin,
Thanks for the excellent comments about the our staff members, I have shared you comments with the entire staff but I have given a special thanks to Charlie, Diane, Lisa, Kylea, Lilian, Keisha and Gerado.

I sincerely appreciate your warm and kind words and glad that our staff made you feel welcomed at our property. Thanks for your feedback and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was at this hotel in late July, 2014 for a business meeting in nearby College Park, MD. I stayed for 2 days and it was in a very convenient location if you have meetings at Univ. Maryland or many of the businesses in the College Park / Greenbelt area. The staff was friendly enough and the rooms were not in bad shape. I agree with other commenters that it could use a renovation - it is a bit dark. The bed in my room was a bit soft for my taste and the air conditioning unit was a bit loud. Nothing that I could not live with, but not exactly a stellar experience. There is free wifi which was quite decent - as compared to other hotels I have stayed in. The breakfast area was a bit crowded the one morning I went there - but there were clearly lots of vacationing families at the hotel, so service was a little slow. Overall, it is not a bad place. It is clean and in a good location and I would not have any problems staying there again for work. However, if you are looking for a five-star experience, look elsewhere.

2  Thank Bama_world_traveler

Dear Bama_world_traveler,
We are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on your recent visit to our property. We are planning some renovations in our second tower within the next few months. I hope that you will return to see the improvement in some of our guest rooms. Thank you for your feedback and hope that you will come back soon.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We picked this hotel because it was in a quiet location but close enough to DC. It was just about what we expected-good location. We did have a problem with the room we were assigned and I went to the front desk to ask if we could get another room and they were able to do that and did not charge any extra for that. It was very comfortable and the service was great. All around great experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jagianelli,
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel an offer feedback for improvement. We hope your travels will bring your back to our doors.
Thank you so much.

Sincerly

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here twice over 2 weeks (for a total fo 5 nights). The hotel was convenient to where I was working. The rate seemed very low for the area. I found out why. The hotel seriously needs an update. The rooms are dark, the lighting is bad and the furniture is dark and circa 1980's. There was a girls basketball tournament in the area and several teams were staying in the hotel and they were noisy late into the night. Not that the noise was the hotel's fault but the sound really carries in the halls. The restaurant attached to the hotel was not very good. I ate there one night and had the salad bar as part of my meal. There was almost no lettuce and the pastas and other items looked like they had been sitting out too long. Fortunately, there's a Buffalo Wild Wings and Chipotle across the parking lot (about a 5 min walk). There is not enough parking and when I arrived from the airport late at night I had to park well away from the entrance there were some sketchy looking characters hanging out in the parking lot - I did not feel safe.

Dear Pistolpjh,
We are sorry that we did exceed your expectations. We will be doing some renovations within next few months to some guest rooms, and hope that you will return to see some of the new updates at the property.

I have shared your comments with our entire staff and management and we are re-training on some of the items you have indicated about the restaurant. We also provide security to ensure all of our guest feel secure at our location. We apologize and hope you will afford us another opportunity to serve you. Thanks for your comments and feedback.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Staff here were exceptional. They all went out of their way to provide excellent service from the hotel manager to the front desk help to the shuttle driver all excellent, helpful, and plain old nice.

Dear Janet2142014,
Thank you for your warm and kind comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit with is and it was our pleasure to take care of wonderful guest like you on your stay at our hotel. We hope that we will see you again soon. Best Wishes and thanks for your feedback.
Sincerly

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stopped at this hotel while travelling along then east coast. Liked this hotel because it was clean, had a comfy bed and had wifi. Tried the restaurant which is part of the hotel and was lovely. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Kevin G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Lily,

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are happy you enjoyed your trip and stay at our hotel, we hope to see you again soon. Have a great summer!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I continue to stay here for business. Very fair pricing usually on the low end. Always friendly, clean, up to date. The location is perfect for my trips into DC, VA, and MD where most of my business is when I'm down in this area.

1  Thank Michael S
Kevin G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Michael S,

Thank you for being a guest of ours during your trip to the Washington Metropolitan Area, we are so happy that we are your "GO TO for your business needs, we are also glad that we are able to take care of you when you come to stay with us.

Kind Regards

Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Days Inn College Park
Days Inn College Park
#6 of 12 in College Park

Been to Holiday Inn Washington College Park? Share your experiences!