“Bring Ear Plugs!”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in College Park
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bring Ear Plugs!”
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently and was not impressed. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything that people are saying. There were also a group of noisy teenagers on my floor and I called the front desk to complain because they were having a party in their room and in the hallway. The noise didn't stop until the early morning hours. The front desk did nothing to stop the party from occuring.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
HICP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, 14 March 2011
I am so sorry for the problem you experienced at our hotel. We fell short to your expectations and hope that we can be given another opportunity to correct what happened on your recent visit. I hope that you can accept our sincere apology.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I just returned from College Park. My reason for going was to do research at the National Archives II. The Holiday Inn has a complimentary shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up at any location within a 5 mile radius. The shuttle was on time and it was a HUGE help. The hotel is very close to the metro stations at College Park and Greenbelt. The shuttle will take you to the station and pick you up. The rooms were nice and the service was EXCELLENT. I felt very safe here and they recommended a good restaurant called Sir Walter Raleigh Inn. If you are in the area, you should go there.
Also, there is a computer in the lobby anyone can use and another one to print out boarding passes. It really had everything available for someone staying there and the staff was so helpful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
HICP, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, 31 August 2010
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and hope that your future travels will bring you back to our hotel .We value your business and hope to see you soon.
allr0925
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Laptop was stolen at the hotel, manager said it wasnt his fault and did nothing to try to make it right. Watch your stuff carfully if you stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Its unfortunate the guest laptop was taken from the hotel. It was left unattended, in a high traffic area open to the public while guest went to enjoy breakfast. Guest refused to call authorities to help facilitate finding the laptop and preferred to ask for compensation. This is the first time that anything has ever been missing from our banquet area. The Hotel is not responsible for items left unattended or not secured sorry.

Travellers are raving about these College Park hotels

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Hotel was excellent. Staff was plesant and helpful.Shuttle to Metro was great

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
HICP, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington College Park, responded to this review, 3 September 2010
We appreciate you taking time to write a wonderful review. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed our rooms and shuttle service. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 11 August 2010

My husband and I needed a place near both College Park (for the National Archives) and a Metro station - since this was the top hotel in the region we booked it (a King room) for four nights several weeks in advance of our trip. Upon arrival, the front desk manager speedily checked us in and we headed upstairs to find.... a double room! My husband went back down to inquire as to why we were not given what was reserved, and was informed that they were "out of King rooms." We were given nothing to make up for this glitch. I know this is not a *huge* deal, but since we were doing research and staying for four nights, we wanted something comfortable, and we expected better from the Holiday Inn.

I would have begrudgingly accepted the room arrangement if not for the awful, cloying chemical smell in both the hallways and the room itself. It was like cheapo Febreze gone wild! I am assuming this was an attempt at overt cleanliness, but it quite honestly stank like the cheapest truck stop cologne. Windows were sealed shut, so airing out the room was not an option. When we turned the air conditioner on, I realized why staff must be instructed to spray copious amounts of this stuff around - the a/c was blowing a damp moldy odor. After three days spent attempting to avoid returning the the room, we checked out early. It just might be that I am extraordinarily sensitive to scents, but this is fair warning to anyone considering this hotel - it gave me a pretty awful headache, and was still scent-tached to our luggage upon returning home.

The one positive about this hotel, however, were the shuttle staff and housekeeping staff. The room was kept tidy and we were given fresh towels regularly. Shuttle drivers were prompt and courteous.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Rooms are small, dark, and dingy. Carpets smell moldy. Phone in the room was broken and when I called the front desk about it they told me I would have to use the phone in the lobby or in the hallway. I was there a week and they never bothered to fix it. When I checked in, I had to go back and ask for my breakfast coupons (I am a Priority Club member) - they should be given out automatically. But the absolute worst was the terrible housekeeping staff. Even though I was out everyday before 8 am, they still did not clean the room until after 4 pm. And did a terrible job when they finally got around to it. The only day they came early was on the day of check-out when they banged on the door and tried to get in TWICE before 9 am, even though the "do not disturb sign" was on the door. I stayed at this hotel ten years ago and remember it being much better - I don't think they have painted or cleaned the place since then. The Internet was so slow that it was not even worth trying to use it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank JadziaDax45
I am so sorry for the failures in service you received in your stay at our hotel. I must say that this is not the standard for our property and sorry that we fell short to your expectations. We have recently gone through a renovation and have made up-grades to the property. Hopefully you’ll give us another chance when coming back to the area and we apologize for falling short of your service expectations.
Hyattsville, MD
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Power out in my neighborhood, which is why I needed a close-by hotel. The service is very good--from the front desk to the restaurant/bar. Rooms are very clean. Bathrooms very clean. Food in restaurant is good and not too pricey. Only issue I had is that I woke up whenever the a/c turned on and off. My issue--nothing wrong with the a/c.

Excellent hotel for the money.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Days Inn College Park
#8 of 12 in College Park
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Holiday Inn Washington College Park? Share your experiences!