“Decent place”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Albany NY
“Decent place”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My family and I stayeda t this hotel for 4 nights recently and were very pleased. The location is great (just down the street from the University of Maryland), it's 3 blocks from the Metro Station and they offer a shuttle service to and from the station, the staff is efficient, friendly and very knowledgeable of the area. Our room was a good size (there were three of us) and we were able to spread out comfortably. My favorite part of the room was probably the shower. the water pressure was wonderful (better than any hotel I've even been to and better thanmy home shower!). No matter what time of day someone took a shower, there was never a probelm with the water pressure or getting hotel water.

The hotel is about 9 miles from Washington DC so it's easy to take the Metro into the city.

The hotel pool is great - very large and there was hardly anyone using it when we were there so it was like we had it to ourselves.

We will definitely stay in this hotel again when we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New City, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Dont ever book anyplace, without checking trip advisor .This quality inn was 5 minutes to UMD.The room was old,and falling apart.It stunk with a worn out very loud bathroom toilet. The internet they advertised was not available. We arrived late. I had to stay in that room.The staff was nice,they moved me to another room in the am .The second room was a little better. I could not find another hotel.The breakfast was very poor. No coffee was available @730am No elevator.So please stay away from this hotel.As our college search continues .We will always check trip advisor .I will never stay at a quality inn again.Not worth the trouble.Avery poor value.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms in the back are the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank aa53095
QISMD, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the front desk staff to be pleasant and helpful. I would have expected nothing less from them, but it is always nice to hear.

• Front desk staff received our commendation for the pleasant, helpful way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also received additional instruction in keeping the rooms properly stocked.

• Manager was approached about your report of internet and instructed to look into it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travellers are raving about these College Park hotels

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My wife and I were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. The rooms were not large but accomadated our needs. It was a 10 minute walk to the Metro and we felt safe walking to and from the Metro. The hotel was clean, the staff very helpful and we felt the price we paid was appropriate. It was an appropriate hotel for our use in that we took the Metro into the city to watch a Washington Nationals baseball game, The pool was dated but clean and they had a lifeguard on duty. I would stay there in the future without reservation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MKC18
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The Front Desk Associate @ check-in was exceptional. The location was ideal. Rosa who attended to breakfast needs was pleasant. However everything else about this hotel including management was HORRIBLE!!! The lobby, guest rooms and steps/walk ways all smelled of urine the entire stay. The room was dirty and a noticeable odor as soon as you walked in. The bathroom had visibile hair and dirt everywhere. There was a dirty sponge on the counter when we arrived & was still there when we left even though housekeeping supposedly came in to clean prior to our arrival & during our stay. The microwave was broken. There was a missing dresser drawer. Linen was left on the sofa, not folded, trash left on the floor and the ironing board not taken down. This is the condition we found the room in after housekeeping had cleaned. When we called the front desk to complain we were told that it probably happened because they were short staffed. When we requested to speak with a manager to show them the pictures we had taken of the room, we were told that the Sales Manager would be in the next morning & to speak to her. After speaking with the Sales Manger we were referred to the General Manger who offered a 10% discount. Completely unacceptable!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

• Staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guests.

• Management were notified of the problem you experienced and your being charged for the room. The situation is being looked into.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My family was really bummed about this hotel. when you go to a quality inn you expect high quality. Our room was overpriced for the price we paid you'd expect to have a fridge, microwave and a working AC. When we went there the ac did not work and it took forever for the room to get cold. You'd think if the managers knew someone is coming they would have the AC on. Lucky we had fans or we would have suffocated. The manager said the ac would get cold. It never did. Also outside the room there were some old beer bottles that had not been picked up. We were about to find another hotel in the area but everybody was booked so we had to suffer through the night. We chose quality inn because of our positive experiences with these hotels . They always are clean and worth what you pay for. For the same price I paid I could have stayed at a nice hotel and got more amenities and comfortable rooms. I would recommend if you ever are in the college park area of Maryland stay at another hotel. This quality inn was a ripoff and dirty. I do not think the people at this hotel understand the customer first attitude quality inn is known for.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Annandale, NJ
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This hotel is in a great location mere blocks from the University of Maryland. An excellent array of restaurants, pharmacies, grocery stores, etc. nearby. My praise ends there. The hotel looks decent from the outside, but once you walk in the doors, you know how this story ends. Housekeeping apparently took the week off because the walls, carpeting, elevators, entranceways, etc. were filthy. I was exhausted from a long day and was too tired to fight, so I held my nose and stayed the night. My room key did not work the first two times, which gave me the joyful experience of walking through the pouring rain back to the front desk, twice. The staff could best be described as indifferent. You get the general idea that they could do a good job if they were provided with direction, but clearly they were just following the lead of management. This is not a great place for traveling businessmen, families, couples, senior citizens or normal people in general. It is probably best for Terp alumni coming back to town for football games who could not care less about amenities or cleanliness and just need a place to rest their head after a glorious day of tailgating. Don't fear the Terps, fear the Quality Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank psujack2007
QISMD, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that the location was a good one for you. GO TERPS!!!

• The front desk received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

Singapore
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The check-in experience was quite ok when I arrived, so I got into the room pretty smoothly. After I got in and trying to connect to wifi, the connection is terrible. I think it is because there are too many people using it at the same time. It takes forever to connect to it, and the internet speed is really slow, and yet, you lose connection easily.

The room is a bit noisy, from the main street outside. And the construction by the roadstarts like 7am the next morning, which is really not helping with my rest. I figured I would go for an early breakfast since I am up. When I got there, the breakfast lobby was packed. There are many waiting around for table, not to mention the que waiting for food.

I think the hotel should provide better internet and breakfast at least, with more routers and bandwidth, and a larger space for breakfast with more food given the number of guests they have.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business