“Better than Expected”

Days Inn College Park
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Very comfortable bed. Neighboring hotel/motels were a little loud at first but quiet before 8pm. Convenient to bus. Stayed 3 days. Would have stayed longer if there was a microwave and small fridge.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 8 October 2012

When checking in the lady at the front desk was behind thick glass...and slid our keys/paper work through a small hole. This made me uncomfortable! The first room assigned to us was dirty...especially the bathroom. When we pulled back the sheets we found blood stains on the mattress/box springs and what looked like blood stains on the corners of the sheets on both beds. There was a water sprinkler pipe running across the wall in the room that was very unattractive. The coffee pot was plugged in to an outlet on the bathroom sink and could not be relocated due to the way it was "locked in" to keep it from being stolen. No exercise room. :( The lady at the front desk moved us to another room, which we felt more comfortable in. The rooms did not look like the photos on the website. I wouldn't stay at this Ramada again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

This place is old. Elevator works, sometimes. We had a family reunion in the area, so we all stayed there. An employee made a comment about "these $&@holes are eating everything". When confronted he said he was not an employee.

We were able to reserve 5 rooms the day we traveled, so they could use the business, just not ours anymore

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 14 August 2012

When i first arrived i was scared because it looked liked a motel, but then u realize it shares property with the H J motel. The place is a bit dated too. It was clean, it just didn't have that I am on vacation feel to it. My friend said it best. It is clean but then didn't use Tide. I was going to book at a nicer 4 star hotel but because i didn't know the area this flipped the bill. The price was OK for the area. You are right within the beltway. To tell the truth the other hotel was just outside the beltway by one mile, but again when u don't know the area. The seating area for continental breakfast was too small and crowed, so i went out for that. I didn't pick up any wi fi, but the AC unit worked well. Over all it was.......well it could have been worst i guess.

Room Tip: I have read other reviews about the traffic noise. Get a room on the back.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Just got back from a 2 day trip to Maryland! Was visiting a friend and her family who had a child in DC's children's hospital and found this was one of the best places to stay close to DC without spending an arm and a leg.
The hotel is on Baltimore Avenue, which is a very busy highway-like street and all the hotels are on it. This hotel does not have a shuttle like others but there is a bus stop within walking distance. Keep in mind, however, Maryland buses run very slowly and rarely. This was a shock to me as I was coming from NYC where we never sleep. I soon realized if I didn't have a car, I would have had to take cabs to and from subway station and it would've been very expensive. The Maryland/DC trains also run with huge delays in between, sometimes only 2 an hour, so even that was frustrating. Not the hotel’s fault, though. But, FYI, a car or significant cab fare will be needed if staying here.
The hotel is in 2 buildings and I was in the back building where the doors lead directly to the street. Kinda creepy for traveling alone but I survived. The noise from Baltimore Avenue and the nearby train tracks may disturb some light sleepers but not me. I found it nice and quiet and enjoyed the wooded area behind it. Lots of animal noises one doesn’t hear in NYC.
The room was cool and very clean when I arrived and very roomy and comfortable for the price I paid ($72 a night). There was a bug in the shower but I doubt it was the hotel’s fault. Once you see the wooded area around, you will understand and I didn’t find another one for the duration of my stay. Was also provided with a nice fridge and microwave so I was able to buy snacks for late night munchies!
They have an outdoor pool I never saw anyone use but it looked nice.
They offer breakfast, as stated in other reviews. Simple foods like cereal, toast, coffee, juice, etc. Very nice, though. Small breakfast/reception area so it can get crowded as people lounge around reading the complimentary paper.
No room service from what I noticed and they don’t have many supplies in case you forget stuff at home, despite the sign in the room that says so. Called the front desk one night for shampoo and they said they didn’t provide it.
All in all, nice stay and will stay here again when traveling to DC.

Room Tip: Car needed in this area! Buses and trains are few and far between! Cabs can get expensive!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2012

As a weary traveler conducting research at the National Archives, I found Ramada Limited to be convenient, clean and comfortable. It has cable, wifi, and the continental breakfast in the morning has everything I look for (juice dispensers, waffles for toasting, bread for toasting, yogurt, pastries, cereal and even instant oatmeal you can make yourself). The room is comfortable and even though I think the green carpet look suspicious, it doesn't matter much since I pad around in flip-flops anyway. The hotel is walking distance to several eateries and I enjoyed the food at College Park Diner (you can have breakfast for dinner) and I found it easy enough to walk to BK and/or Macs, down the road. The bus service is frequent, so just check on your routes and you should be able to find your way. I stayed two nights and it was great, considering I had been commuting to DC from the Virginia suburbs for about two weeks.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I found this hotel through Priceline. My goal was to "see DC." The hotel was a good value. Everything was clean, comfortable and quiet. The high speed internet worked well at night (which I can't say for most 4 star hotels I stay in.) On arrival I was able to change from 2 double beds to a king bed. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The interior is dated, but I did not pay for a "Hampton Inn" level hotel. To get to and from the DC area or UM, it is well positioned. The 86 Bus picks up right across the street. The bus schedule is available on line and the bus ran on time. The bus took me to the College Park metro stop. It was 45 minutes from hotel to Union Station. One block south is a local Jamacian restraunt that has the best food I have eaten in 2 - 3 years.

Room Tip: First floor room was quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Hampton Inn - College Park
#4 of 11 in College Park
The Hotel at the University of Maryland
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Days Inn College Park? Share your experiences!