“Pajama Night!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Bowie, Maryland
“Pajama Night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

So I came here for the first time on what the tavern deemed "pajama night"... where Jell-O shots of Smirnoff were only a penny each for those of us in our undies.

I was with a group of 15... most of is in our 20's/30's and had a blast. None of us wore our pajamas (so we all had to pay regular price for those shots), but we still had a blast.

Kristen was our waitress and was great. She had smoldering good looks (punctuated by her scanty lingerie) and had a great smile. Besides all of that, she delivered awesome service... and, for the most part, had a sense of urgency while she worked. Needless to say, I tipped her well.

This place has pool tables for rent, too.

I'll definitely be back!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jacobandjune

Baltimore
“Good for football gatherings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Down with the Broncos. Ray Lewis plays another day! That was the sole reason why I would ever have considered stepping foot into Nottingham's Tavern.

This place has a good selection of drinks, but mediocre happy hour selections. Football day happy hour drinks consist of $3 bloody mary's and mimosas. I'm not a fan of either, so I thought that was very limiting. Specials on other days seemed a bit better. However, food and bites are underwhelming, both on the happy hour menu and the regular menu. The usual suspects are pizza, wings, queso, and tacos, and even for bars/pubs, these were very below average.

The best part about football days are that the big screen and projector are set up and there is a good amount of seating. Service isn't bad either. Though, I don't think I'd ever come to Nottingham's for anything other than football.

Visited January 2013
Marathon, Florida
“Good Place for Cocktails”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I wouldn't say the food here is great, it's your average fare, wings, etc., but this place is fun. Keeno, pool tables, a Tiki Bar out back. Just a fun place. Mostly an older crowd, 30's and up. I wish I had found this place on my first night in town. Good place to meet up after work with business associates. It's located on the ground floor of an office building in an office park. Kind of hard to find, but worth it.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank TheRealDeal_12
“Good After Work Social Bar With Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

TheVenue Is Always Tidy And The Staff Are Always Very Accommodating. The Food Is Good. The Buffalo Chicken Dip Is A Local favorite.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank jmarchesiani
Columbia, Maryland
“A Grownups Only Happy Hour & Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

This is a place where I like to come alive after five without running into screaming kids & disapproving parents. We don't need or want your baleful glances when we get our drink on and let the epithets fly and F-bombs drop! No... "It's a baby--- in a Bar" here!

That's right - it is NOT your OK to bring a toddler to a bar then expect everyone to provide you with baby high chairs, kid menus, and sipee cups. Go to Cracker Barrel, Applebys, or Chuckie Cheese if that's your scene. Bloop bloop!

Nottingham's is tucked away in an industrial park between Snowden River and Dobbin road and is one of the FEW grownups only establishments in the family friendly saturated market of Columbia. At night it's a 20's something pickup bar with a $10 cover but for Happy Hour it's a fun any age drinking & nibbling destination.

The Tiki Bar outside is its best feature! Open year round this little oasis is a great place to unwind & sip an ale while hanging out with friends. I have a friend who still smokes (it does make her look cool, I gotta say) and this is still permitted here. That's right - though it's still legal in America you won't get nasty looks and baleful glances when puffing away at the Tiki Bar. Deal with it. Built in heaters help her in the winter not freeze while she indulges in her favourite vice. And yes, we tease her.

Draft domestics are cheap (YAY $2.00 Yuenglings! Take THAT Alehouse in Columbia!) , tasty apps including a lovely veggie & hummus plate and small pizzas perfect for sharing all add to the draw of this strangely located local pub.

So, hang out in Columbia sans kiddos, curse like a sailor, guzzle ales for not a lot of bucks & have a fun time! Huzzah!

• Visited September 2012