“Great Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Management and staff were excellent. I will visit again. Hotel was clean and in a great area of the city. The manager did an outstanding job to make sure my stay was great. Please select and stay here if you ever in Maryland.

• Stayed April 2014
Chuck C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
8416,

Thanks for making us your first review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your positive words regarding the team and the Management staff. We try hard to make sure that guests know how much we appreciate them and it seems as though everyone has done that for you.

Thank you for your endorsement! Please come back and see us again.

Chuck Chandler, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have stayed in Marriott chains several times but was pleasantly surprised by the experience provided by Spring Hill Suites at Columbia. I booked the hotel in the last minute for my business trip and I lucked out. It is close to I-95 and is surrounded by excellent restaurants. The rooms are huge and well kept. Has clean bathroom and comfy beds. The interior of the hotel is gorgeous and contemporary. The staff is courteous and the breakfast is great. Will stay again. Highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
LalithaSetty,

Wow, what a great review! Thank you for taking the time to provide such ringing endorsements! We have a great team and obviously they took good care of you.

We certainly appreciate all of your kind words. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

NJ
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Booked a room in advance for two beds since it was going to be the four of us. A week prior to check in receive an email stating that they overbooked for a soccer tourney and to call if I was able to change my room to a king bed. I never called because we needed the two beds. Check in that night and they changed my room without permission. Denied they did this when I have all my emails and the original booking. Called the manager he was going to look into it never received one phone call back. Think this is bad practice and terrible customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Chuck C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
misoangry,

I am terribly sorry for the experience you had with our hotel. It is not like our team to not return phone calls, especially if it is a situation that we may have caused. I woul love the chance to speak with you personally to see if there is anything we might be able to do to change your thoughts about our property.

Please feel free to reach out to me at 410.290.7896 or chuck.chandler@marriott.com.

Cumberland, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My boyfriend and I have stayed at this hotel twice now. We come to town for concerts at the merriweather post pavilion. Both times have been a great experience! All staff is very kind and knowledgeable about the town.
(A big shout out to Mr. Singh and Jessica for the wonderful stay.)
Very, very, very clean hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have been staying at the SpringHill suites for the past 4 weeks due to new job training. From the beginning Mr. Singh (manager) has learned my name and gives me a warm greeting as I come through the door. The staff is very friendly and helpful, pointing out restuarants in the area and making sure I have everything I need to make my very long stay comfortable. Early one morning (2am) there was loud noise in the room above mine. I made a phone call to the front desk, and the noise quieted down within a few minutes.

I have one more week of training to go, and even though I don't like being away from home so long, Mr. Singh and his staff have made my stay very nice indeed. I recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in the King Suites and they are very large and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Janet B,

Glad you were able to enjoy the hotel once again while in the area for a Concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion. What a great venue for concerts! Mr. Singh and Jessica are two of the best, glad they took good care of you. We look forward to having you back as the 2014 Concert season is just getting underway!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Good clean, new hotel with very nice rooms. Relaxing, great service and front desk personnel. Highly recommend staying if you're in the area. Fast food, coffee, and good restaurants very close by. Try the Pub Dog for pizza and awesome beer!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
souperhoop,

Thanks for the kind words regarding the property and conveniences around us. I agree with your assessment of Pub Dog as well. Great place to eat and fairly convenient for our guests. Yes, the beer selection is good as well.

Thanks for staying with us!

Chuck Chandler
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We really enjoyed the fresh, open feel of this hotel. It is about 5 years old. Our room was comfortable, clean and tastefully decorated with a spacious arrangement. I am a frequent Marriott patron but this was the firs time in this particular brand and it was an impressive change of pace. The staff at this particular hotel were well-mannered and helpful. Pool is a little small but it served us well in entertaining our young niece and nephew since they and parents were the only ones using it. It is a nice choice if you want a location convenient to the Columbia neighborhood.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Chuck C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
bymollyjack,

First of all, let me say Thank you for being a Marriott loyalist. Welcome to the SpringHill Brand. Sounds like we were a nice surprise for you.

I am glad you were able to relax a little and enjoy your time here in Columbia. Being an all suite property, the rooms are a little oversized relative to a traditional hotel room.

Our team is extremely courteous and helpful, I appreciate you recognizing them. As your travels bring you back to the are, you know were to stay. We will be happy to welcome you back! Thanks for staying with us. Chuck Chandler