Older hotel with very friendly, pleasant staff at front desk, evening reception and breakfast. Place is off the Main Road in somewhat of an Industrial/Office Building area. My stay was quiet and pleasant. An approximate 10 minute walk to a Shopping Center with Giant Supermarket, Baskin Robbins, Bakery, Dunkin Donuts and Convenience store. Parking is plentiful around the back of the hotel. Pool is small and closes at 9pm. Pool towels (mostly worn) are available in storage bin on side of pool. Oops! I almost forgot they DO allow smoking in the pool area. SOO my family and I solved that issue by moving to the other end from the smokers. Neither checked out nor used the gym facilities. Equipment for basketball and tennis are available at front desk. The "Sport area" appears to serve as a court for both sports(at least the time I was there). Evening reception offers beer, wine and a light dinner served on Tues thru Thurs (as many Suite type hotels do); with menu changing daily. Access to coffee and tea in common area most of the day/night. Ample selection of creamers, sweeteners etc. Room was older (needed to lift door to close) but clean, with comfortable and ample bedding for pullout bed and towels. Bathroom was also clean and toiletries were in larger sizes than most hotels offer. You actually had enough shampoo and conditioner to effectively "wash" your hair. Many television channels to choose from as: HBO, Discovery, Cartoon Network, Disney, Nickelodeon (if you travel with kids). The air conditioner in my 1 bedroom suite could not be adjusted and blew directly onto the bed (very cold). Then it would turn off and the room would become hot. That is the only real complaint I had. Bought Stay through online deal, and it was well worth it. Wish I was able to purchase another deal; but only allowed one. Family friendly setting. In any event; I would stay at the Sonesta ES Suites again........wonderful staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Sonesta ES Suites Columbia near Baltimore is your home away from home. Conveniently located within the Washington, DC / Baltimore corridor, our all new Sonesta ES Suites Columbia is located within a residential area with easy access to Interstate I95 and I70 and Gateway Business Park home to several major business such as Johns Hopkins APL, Sun Microsystems, Magellan Health, MICROS, Sears Logistic, Peak Technologies, Corvis, SAIC, and Hitachi Data Systems. The hotel is convenient to Baltimore Orioles baseball, Baltimore Ravens football, FedEx Field home to the Washington Redskins, the Inner Harbor, historic Annapolis, the U.S. Naval Academy, Reginald F. Lewis Museum of African American History & Culture, Washington, DC, the Smithsonian Museums. The Sonesta ES Suites Columbia offers a choice of three spacious suite accommodations. Our guests enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet unwind at end of their day with our evening receptions Tuesday to Thursday. We are a pet friendly hotel. Pet fee applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Staybridge Suites Columbia