“Superb Stay”

Sonesta ES Suites Columbia
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Recent visit to the area for family business and Oriole Opening Day necessitated staying a week. Advise here on Trip Advisor was exactly correctly. Convenient, central location; excellent accommodations(bed, linens, bath, sitting area, well stocked kitchen area with full size refrigerator, flawless free wireless internet, most helpful staff, delicious and complete breakfast, three fine evenings of light dinner, and EVERYTHING was top notch. Will recommend to friends and family, and will return. Thank you, Ms. Karan Stewart and crew, for a delightful stay.

Room Tip: New renovations on third floor should be ready by summer.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Bahij B, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Sonesta ES Suites Columbia.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and most definitely will pass on your compliments to Karan and the staff.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope to meet you in the near futrue.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed at the Sonesta ES Suites from March 23, 2014 to March 24, 2014 in a Studio One Queen Bed Non-Smoking. The price for such a large room was only 89.68 with taxes. When compared to competitors in the area, the price is an amazing deal. The room had a kitchen, fully stocked with dishware and silverware, a large bathroom, queen sized bed, TV, and couch with fold-out bed. The complimentary wi-fi was a life saver for me, since I'm an Internet addict. In addition, they served complimentary breakfast, which had a full bar of stocked foods to chose from - eggs, bacon, bagels, waffles, fruit, coffee, milk, bread, and fixings. My stay here was quiet and relaxing, a staple I look for when picking a place to stay away from home.

Now to the cons. The hotel had a distinct smell about it, which wasn't offensive, just highly noticeable. Also, the walls and ceiling don't keep much of the noise out. So, I could hear quite a bit of banging when the people upstairs (I'm assuming kids) went tromping over my head during the night and in the morning.

Overall, a nice place to stay if you are looking for an economically savvy choice that is close to Ellicott City and Patapsco Valley State Park (Go. The falls are beautiful, and the trails are easy enough for your Grandma, assuming she's tired and easily losses her breath.).

Room Tip: Danielle is the best. She seems to work a full 24 hour shift with the same demeanor and smile as the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Edwin1000
Bahij B, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback and letting us know about your stay experience with us at the Sonesta ES Suites Columbia from the room detail you provided to the breakfast you enjoyed.

With that said, I do apologize for the noise and I will check into the odor you mentioned.

I as well will pass on to Danielle your compliments.

Thank you for staying with us and if there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Best extended stay we have ever stayed at. There is a free hot breakfast every morning that actually is different every morning. Three nights a week great meals with free beer and wine included. They pick up your room everyday as well and a deep clean once a week. Great service. Nice area as well Again best I have ever stayed at and for $69.00 a night you can't beat it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jarrod R

Thank you for your feedback and letting us know about your stay with us at the Sonesta ES Suites Columbia.
We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to Columbia, MD and if there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed Feb. 13 and was very satisfied with the service. When we arrived our room was not ready at 4:00 P.M. but we were upgraded to a 2 room suite. Danielle was at the front desk and was very helpful. There were quite a few dogs in the hotel for a nearby show ,including our dog , but it was very quite at night. The breakfast was good and the rooms were well maintained. We were scheduled to stay in Roanoke on Sat. night but our plans were changed so we called the hotel if we could get a room for the night. We were able to secure a room and when we arrived Danielle was on duty. She said she did not know we had wanted to stay two nights. We told her we had not made reservations for two nights but enjoyed our stay and decided to come back. Danielle is a professional and the hotel is lucky to have such a person working for them.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kenmit

Thank you for your feedback and letting us know about your stay with us. I will make sure Danielle gets a copy of your generous compliments.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon here in Columbia.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Bought a Living social deal which got me a night, sparkling wine and chocolates. Since I would be away for Valentine's Day, booked for the night before with my wife. We arrived and were greeted pleasantly. They were serving a complimentary dinner of BBQ pulled chicken and baked beans. Beer & wine included. We went to our room and the first thing I noticed was how outdated the room looked. It was quaint, spacious and functional, but dated. (The DVD/VCR was the kicker.) we ate dinner which was mediocre at best and enjoyed a free beer. Went back to the room and watched a bit of TV then started to prepare our "real" dinner. My wife was using the restroom and I heard a shout and a bang. This being Columbia, I ran to see what was wrong. The light fixture in the bathroom fell on my wife and hit her left shoulder. We called downstairs and iced her shoulder. The management came and asked us if we were ok and if we wanted to switch rooms. I declined and they brought us some comp. Tylenol and Advil. Our sleep was comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was good. Overall it was a nice stay. Outdated rooms and watch out for falling light fixtures. That's all.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Robert S

Thank you for your feedback and letting us know about your stay with us.
I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered but glad to hear that enjoyed the rest of your stay.

With that said, the hotel is undergoing a major renovation that will address the outdated room you experienced. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to Columbia so you could experience our new renovated rooms.

Again, thank you for staying us and please let us know if we could be of service.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed 2 nights in one of the 2 bedroom suites, holding a family of 5 comfortably. The rooms were all very clean and the two bathrooms made morning rituals far more efficient. On our weekend stay, the property was quiet at night, affording a good night's sleep. Breakfasts were pretty standard fare, but included with the price and ample parking was free of charge. There is a hotel van, but it is restricted to a 5 mile radius, so it cannot be used to reach the airport (BWI), which is about 15 miles distant. Only one eatery within walking distance (Gadsby's) but you'd best avoid it. Columbia has some good restaurants, reachable by car. Our check-in reception was unusually friendly. Downsides: low res tube TV's in the rooms and a somewhat dated interior, otherwise a very solid value.

Room Tip: The location is surrounded by corporate offices, so nights tend to be very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
DGreen8844, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review of the Sonesta ES Suites Columbia. I am glad that we meet some of your expectations. We are pleased to let you know our complete reimaging and renovation of the Hotel will begin in the 2nd quarter of 2014. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are back in the area.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have stayed at the Sonesta in October, December and January. I stay here when visiting with my daughter. Danielle at the front desk is an outstanding example of what customer service is all about. The rooms are clean and comfortable and everyone is very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review of the Hotel. We are happy that you were very pleased with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you might be in the area.