“Best Concert Venue!”

Merriweather Post Pavilion
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Merriweather Post Pavilion is a wonderful place to attend a concert, especially when attending with children. It feels very safe, boasts plenty of staff, is clean and has a great variety of food options. In addition, there is no replacement for watching your favorite band and also feeling the soft evening breeze blow through the audience. Unlike many venues, there is nothing cramped and stifling about the Pavilion. It is hands-down a delightful place to enjoy music with your family.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I love the Merriweather Post Pavilion when I see shows. We go when Phish plays and the venue is pretty clean with plenty of port-a-potties and also real bathrooms if you want to wait in line for a flushable toilet (which I do). The venue is gorgeous with lots of food vendors and beer for sale. The sound is good and we always get lawn tickets. It's hard to actually see the band from the lawn unless you are close to the pavilion, but there are big screens everywhere and you can see that without any problems. I really like this venue. But beware, it is very hilly and it's quite a hike getting into it and walking around as well if you are not very mobile (wheelchair or ederly, etc). I would give this place a 5 but was very disappointed when we tried to leave. There must have been 2 or 3 gates to leave through and it got very crowded and almost suffocating while you are inching along to the exits. There were like 20+ gates open when we got in at the beginning of the concert, so I'm not sure why there's only a couple of gates open to leave. I was a little scared being so crunched in while leaving. But other than that, I really like this venue. Plus there are free water filling stations inside the venue, so those people that complain of the expensive water, you can get it for free at the filling stations.

1  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

It's a concert venue so obviously, it'll be crowded. It's a concert venue, so obviously, the food and drink will be overpriced. But once you and your posse have staked out a picnic space and settled in, it's a great way to spend an evening with friends and/or family outdoors.

Tailgating is common.

Portapotties are nearby in the parking lot.

Bathrooms are easy and accessible inside the venue.

Stage is hard to see but the sound is top notch.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The tickets said that the show started at 6:30pm but didn't start until almost 8:30. We were using a wheelchair and had a very difficult time navigating the terrain. Hills to get in and out, hills to get the restrooms. In the 4 hours plus that I was there, I had 1 bottle of $4.00 water so that I wouldn't need to use the inaccessible bathrooms!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great venue with great acoustics. Saw Queen + Adam Lambert and the sound was great even in the back. Bought tickets at the box office (lawn only no lawn chairs) and was told the time on the ticket 6:30 pm was the time the gates would open. The concert would start around 8. Planned for big crowds so was not disappointed in any way. Parking and exit could be messy and take long. Go for the show.