“The Hotel was used for corporate training that consisted of local staff and out of town staff.”

Hampton Inn Columbia
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The hotel staff could not do enough for us. They made our staff feel special. The facility is located in a nice area within easy travel to fine food facilities that accommodate everyone's budget. The hotel is immaculate and the landscaping is flawless. Best yet - there is always a supply of good hot cookies and the breakfeast service is great.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good. I prefer the first floor next to the conference room where I conduct cla...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

I was delighted to hear the stay was enjoyable and we were so glad to have you at Hampton Inn. We really want to make sure our guests feel at home when they are here on business or pleasure and we love to make sure our guests enjoy our fresh baked cookies daily. Please visit us again when you return and we'll make sure the cookies are fresh and hot just out of the oven! We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia! Have a wondeful upcoming holiday weekend!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I normally love Hampton Inn. This one is sparkling clean and looks brand new. The staff is friendly and the pool looks inviting. The problem with in - paper thin walls. You can hear every 4 year old running down the hallway as well as the hotel staff chatting as they work. I definitely expect more from a Hampton.

Other negatives - I found the bed uncomfortable. It was very hard and I woke up with a stiff back. Also there were zero (of 2) available electrical outlets at the bed.

Positives - good (but standard) breakfast. Very clean. Friendly staff

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Rick S
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and I was so glad you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel clean and the staff friendly and accommodating! Please let us know when you visit us again if you encounter challenges as you mentioned. Myself and the entire staff are here to assist you and find you an immediate solution to any issue you may be experiencing. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columiba!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is a great hotel. The facility itself is very nice and for the most part kept very clean. The real standout of the hotel is the staff. Everyone is extraordinarily nice and goes above and beyond to make sure the guests have everything they need. Lots of options for the free breakfast, theres a pool, workout room, free wifi, and in a great location. All in all, this is a great hotel!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback and I must say, we were so pleased to have you here. I am thrilled our staff was most accommodating and we alwasy strive to provide all of our guests with the most Ultimate Service we can. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia soon! Again, thank you so much for staying with us!

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn for the second time now and I have to say that I feel like I've come home. Everyone is friendly and attentive to making sure I'm comfortable. The room is clean and comfortable. I'm greeted by name every time I come through the lobby. The staff is enthusiastic about making improvements and keeping the customer happy. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to this area. I surely will be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

I was so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and it was truly our pleasure to have your here! All of us are committed to making sure we deliver the best service out there and we all so much enjoy connecting with our guests and really getting to learn what our guests preferences are. We will all look forward to your next visit and welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia!

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I travel every week of the year except vaca and holidays. My rate for hotels and options are wide open with my company, so I could go to a full-service hilton or Homewood, etc. However, being here over the years, it has become home away from home. I was remembered by staff, always taken care of by front desk, maintenance and housekeeping. Breakfast has a few more items than usual and it's free, unlike the other hotels. Internet is super fast. The staff is great and have a myriad of restaurants to suggest. You know, as a traveler, you don't just want the same old thing all the time. They have a huge list of restaurants you can't find anywhere else. From a business traveler to another, Hampton will satisfy at every turn. Enjoy your travels!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a bit more room in them. Don't be afraid to get a room on the roadside, the la...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is always our pleasure to create a home away from home for business travelers. We realize that traveling isn't easy so we want all of our guests to be as comfortable as possible when they arrive at Hampton Columbia. Thank you so much for sharing and we so look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stay here regularly for work (36+ times a year). The people who work here, from the front desk staff and breakfast crew, to the maids and maintenance folks are all great. For a business stay, this hotel meets all of the necessary criteria: it is clean, well-managed, and spacious enough to take care of business. Also, the beds are very comfortable, which s typical for the Hampton Inn brand.

Room Tip: I prefer the 4th floor corner rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us and it was truly our pleasure to have you here. We are all committed to making sure all of our guests feel at home when they visit us for the first time or are returning to visit us again! We are delighted we can be of service and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

First, the staff was excellent and very accomodating. I especially remember the manager coming out to greet us and making sure out every needs were met. I've been to many five star hotels, but the staff at this hotel went above and beyond excellent customer service.

Room Tip: You won't go wrong staying at this hotel if you're coming to Maryland. Also, it's very...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. There are also many exciting things to do and events to attend in the Columbia area as well. Don't forget about the upcoming Sheep and Wool festival May 5 and 6, M3 Rock concert May 12th and 13th and the Preakness Horseracing and Wine in the Wood on May 19th and 20th. As always, we love having you here and look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia!