“Room Note Ready”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Ruther Glen, United States
“Room Note Ready”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Room was not ready to check in until after 7:00pm, when it was supposed to be ready @ 4:00pm. Upon arrival when I trying to check in it was like I was asking for something that I had not reserved. I had a printed copy of my reservation and was told I would need to take another room. I reserved a suite room with a king bed and 2 queens for 3 men. I was offered a double queen room tthat would not work for 3 men, meaning 2 would need to sleep in the same bed... Needless to say after going back and forth with the receptionist we finally got hte room we reserved @ 7:00pm. Very unacceptable

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

GeneralManager8320, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at Homewood Suites - Columbia, I want to thank you for your recent stay with us, though it was not a plesant one.

I do apologize for concerns you encountered upon checkin and have made our Front Office Manager,as well as our Executive Housekeeper aware of the situation.

Yes, your room should have been ready by 4:00pm, unless there was a situation beyond our control, which should have been communicated and handled promptly. All of our rooms have a pull out sofa, so 2 men would not have to sleep in the same bed, but that would not have been an issue if the room you reserved was available.

A 7pm check in for a 4pm arrival is not good by any standard and I would like to ddiscuss what we can do to make this right. Feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me, so we can discuss a suitable resolution regarding this issue.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Norman Eaton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel has a home like atmosphere. The environment was clean and well kept. The staff was helpful and respectful. The grounds were pleasant and within walking distance you could patronize Apple-bee's, Bob Evans and the Olive Garden restaurants. A Gas station was located on the property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

GeneralManager8320, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us.

On behalf of the staff and management, please allow me to personally thank you especially taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. It really means alot to us and hope that you return back "home at Homewood" soon

I
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I Recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for a business trip. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the area. It was very close to BWI, company buildings and the freeway. Loved have the option of several restaurants nearby for dinner, and the free breakfast. The breakfast folks were very friendly, two gentlemen were managing breakfast while I was there. The Rooms were clean and spacious.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and managment of Homewood Suites, please allow me to thank you for your recent stay with us.

I am excited that you gave us such a good review on Trip Advisor. Also, I am happy that you had the opportunity to take advantage of some of the amenities that we offer here at Homewood.

Also, Anoop and Jeff (the Breakfast Host) were excited that you mentioned them.

Again, thank you for your stay and your review on Trip Advisor, And we hope you return "home to Homewood" soon.

General Mmanager
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for four weeks. It was a lovely hotel. Staff was very friendly. I was able to check in early three weeks in a row. Breakfast was good but dinner was hit or miss. Great meatballs but bad hotdogs.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank X9555EDmarkh
Hello Mark,

It is great hearing from you, since you left us!!

On behalf of the staff and management of Homewood Suites- Columbia, thank you for your recent stay with us. Also, please allow me to thank you for writing a good review on Trip Advisor, regarding your stay.

I did share your comment regarding the dinner and we are working to get it consistently great.
However, I must agree that those hotdogs were not enjoyable :(

Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Beautiful property and great service. Breakfast was tasty (except the scrambled eggs) and good coffee. Nice that a hotel suites chain offers breakfast as well as heavy appetizers in the evening (Mon-Thurs) - which are more like a dinner. Great location - close to restaurants, shopping and highways. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Traverse City, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I normally stay at Homewood Suites while in Columbia area for tech training, but it was booked the first two of three nights of my trip. Luckily, there was an opening on the final night. Their breakfast and dinners are a bonus, and there's a few chain restaurants just a short walk away if you want something different and don't have the energy to deal with rush hour traffic. The gas station is nearby too for gassing up your rental car before returning to BWI airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Elkridge
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My mom and I stayed here for my son's graduation. I live about 5 minutes away, but wanted her to have a comfortable place to spend time and I moved in there as well. The Homewood Suites Columbia is awesome ! I can't say enough about the comfort of our suite, the common facilities or the service. Our suite faced the main road which has several restaurants on it and is active all day so it may have been a little louder than a room at the back of the hotel, however, I want to urge you to request one of the front rooms. We had a lot of fun watching the comings and goings at the hotel, which was packed for graduations, weddings (saw a bride in the elevator) and sports tournaments. Some of the highlights were: terrific manager's reception one night with a great, full meal, pool and spa with plenty of outdoor seating, helpful hotel staff. I won't mention several minor items which would detract from my overall impression, however, both my mom and I noted independently that the "all day coffee service" was often cold. I urge you to stay at the Homewood Suites when in the area. I have had visitors stay at close by hotels for about the same price (our price was lower as we booked more consecutive nights) but I will book them in this hotel from now on!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel if you don't mind a little noise, but would enjoy watch...