“GOOD CHOICE FOR OVERNIGHT STAY”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pennsylvania
“GOOD CHOICE FOR OVERNIGHT STAY”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The desk staff was GREAT. Ask a question get a quick answer and with a smile. It was handy to many shopping areas(ex. walmart, target etc) gas stations and quick access to highways. The breakfast food and lounge to eat in where top notch. The rooms were small but they worked for what they were needed for. WULD STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Chuck C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
amsteven,

Thanks for taking the time to repond and give us your thoughts on TeipAdvisor!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good experience at Breakfast and with the Front Desk team!

Our motto is "Your smile is the most important part of your uniform"! So, I am glad the desk team met your expectations with their approach to you, Next time your are in the area, especially if you are traveling with kids, please check out the Suites we have. They are oversized King bedded rooms with a parlor area and a pullout sofa bed. The are nicely sized and only slightly more in cost.

Our location in convenient to many things and we appreciate you pointing that out in your review as well.

Please come back and see us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Columbia/South.

Chuck Chandler, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Catlett, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Everything was excellent from the condition of the lobby and front of the hotel to everyone of the staff we encountered. We were able to bring in dinner and they had no problem with us eating in the breakfast room and there were 10 of us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chuck C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Pamela B,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn Columbia/South.

The team here is very accomodating and our signature Great Room is a wonderful place for larger groups to gather like you did. The room is a safe environment that gives everyone a chance to spreadout and enjoy each other. The large TV is a real lus in the Great Room as well.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Hope to have you back.

Largo, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice, clean room, friendly and helpful staff, free breakfast. Easy drive to huge Columbia shopping mall, parks, and other shopping. Quiet and convenient location. Short/easy commute to BWI airport. I will be staying here again the next time I travel to my company office, in Columbia.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chuck C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Kurt K,

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

We love to hear about the conveniences surrounding the hotel and the ease of access, particularly from BWI. We feel it's pretty easy, though it is always best to hear from our guests.

Thanks for choosing us! We look forward to your next stay.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The room was spacious and well designed. A friend of mine stayed at the hotel across the parking lot. I must say there was no comparison. My only issue is I could hear the t.v. from the room beside mine. The staff was friendly as well...even the hallway looked nice. I always take pictures of my room and sadly my sd card became corrupted. I would love it someone on staff could take a picture of the room I stayed in. I know it is too much but it would mean so much. My whole visit to MD was memorable and I would love to document where I stayed. I was lucky enough to have pictures my friends took from the weekend events. Back to the hotel. I really loved it and the location. I will certainly stay there again when I return to the Wine in the Woods.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ttlove92
Chuck C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
ttlove92,

Thanks for the great review and comments.

We would love to take a few pictures and send them to you. Please send me an email at chuck.chandler@hilton.com with your room number and we will take a few shots and send them along. Glad you had such a great time in Maryland and your experience at our hotel was a part of such wonderful memories.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Grovetown, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel was very clean, rooms decently sized, and staff very friendly. We paid a little more than expected, as we had to make a last minute trip to Maryland, and it just so happened to be Memorial Day weekend. But the hotel definitely did not disappoint. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

tomsauriaw,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a terrific review on our property. I am glad we were able to accommodate you over the Memorial Day weekend. Between a huge Soccer Tournament, the NCAA Lacrosse Championships and a variety of other events in the Baltimore rooms were very hard to come by.

Please come back and see us when your traels bring you back to the Columbia area.

Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Everything was clean, staff exceptionally friendly. Reasonable room rates. Would definitely recommend and would stay again. We were on 2nd floor next to elevator and never heard noise all night as usual near the elevator. Very convenient to I-95. Maybe 5 min away.

• Stayed May 2014
joynlife,

Thank you for your kind words and comments regarding the team friendly staff and convenience to I-95.

As you know, we are conveniently located about equidistant from both Baltimore and DC! Very convenient for a headquarters for visiting the sights and attractions in the area.

Please come back and see us again. Thanks for choosing to stay with us.

Raleigh
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The best staff on the planet. I felt right at home. I was treated well, with personal attention. I enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere. The hotel is convenient to Ellicott City and BWI. Easy, nice, clean and affordable. Super sweet people made my stay excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Josie W,

I am so glad that you felt so comfortable with our team! I would agree with you regarding the staff, definitely one of the best that I have worked with! Thank you for acknowledging them.

The Columbia area is convenient to alot of different sights, busineses and the Airport.

Thanks for taking teh time to complete a review. Hope we can have you with us again.