“Not good”

Ichiban Cafe
Ranked #208 of 287 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We tried this place and should have known to leave when it was dinner time and nobody was there. The food was overpriced for the small amount that was served compared to other Asian restaurants. We will never go back.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I went by myself for lunch on Friday. As some else said, there is one person who takes orders, uses the point of sale station and delivers orders. She could not be bothered to be friendly or give advice...just what do you want from each category for your poke bowl. I ordered brown rice but received white rice. I came here because of the poke bowl but the Ichiban Cafe is one and done for me.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The ramen here is nothing impressive. Definitely overpriced. What’s worse is the service. There is only one person in the front area-doing cashier, taking order and even bringing out the order-the owner herself presumably. My friend has a eye problem and can’t sit by the bright windows so she requested to move to back tables-the waiter (or host?-doesn’t matter, it’s the same person) declined without apology saying each table is coded with the check so we couldn’t move (FYI we haven’t even placed the order yet, and the whole place is quite empty-we were the only customer with only one other table occupied). I had the feeling since there weren’t many customers (slow day), perhaps she wanted only the front tables occupied to show through the window there were people eating there to draw more customers, since it was lunch time. (I grew up in East Asia and have heard of this practice of restaurant owners there). Either way if the food is actually Ichiban-meaning no.1, I would have still recommended it. Unfortunately the food is not even good.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

The salad was warm the sushi was also and I got hop]t sour soup and it was so unbalanced and . The female server was just not thinking about work, the ordered fried rice made with brown rice and it came made with white rice. When we complained to the manager she said we ordered it with white rice, i just believe they didn't have brown rice made. This was my second time here, I will never come back, why does anyone come with horrible customer service and unprofessionally, inconsistently and poorly cooked food. I am sure I am not the only person where diarrhea was a consequence of eating here. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Had the salmon sashimi tasted a bit fishy. Freshness is questionable. Also had the Ichiban roll - instead of seaweed they use some imitation bright pink substitute. No idea what it was but was not appetizing. Servers held the soup bowl with her thumb halfway inside it - yum! Will not go back.

1  Thank binyam b