“Carrot Cake”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Carrot Cake”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Some of the most delicious carrot cake I've ever sunk my teeth into. Seriously. If and when your sweet tooth calls, check out the Cafe in Nordstrom's. You'll be glad you did

Visited June 2013

“Fantastic 'hidden' secret restaurant”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I absolutely love the baked salmon and vegetables prepared in a Mediterranean style with olive oil and herbs/spices. The spicy black bean soup was equally superb.

Visited January 2014
“Weird service model is annoying”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The food at this cafe is very good. The service situation is annoying. You stand in line to place you order and then take it on a tray to your table. If you want a drink, you get it yourslelf at the soda fountain. Then, suddenly, a person shows up and says, hi, I'm your server. Really? Then how come I just carried my own food and got my own drink? The server then proceeds to come back and ask you if you need anything 15 times (interrupting conversations) so you know they are your SERVER. Yes, we get it. When you are about to leave, they show up with 10 cent candies on a check tray with a note that says thanks for letting me server you so you will know they are expecting a tip. Sigh.... So of course, it is not employee's fault that you are tipping them for mostly self service, so i leave a tip. I'm sure Nordstrom's pays them less to compensate for their tips. But I inevitably walk away annoyed and wishing I had eaten somewhere else where the service model is more clear. Nordstroms, either make them real servers or find them a job elsewhere in your store where I actually would appreciate their service.

• Visited December 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Best mall secret.”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I know I'm going to regret this but I have to say it for the benefit of all those who go to the mall in Columbia. This is the best place to eat. My wife and I eat here all the time. Most recently I had a bowl of she crab soup , it was excellent. We split a balsamic pizza. It was the best pizza I've had since I was in Rome. It was fantastico! The only suggestion I could have for the people at Nordstrom's would be to try and get the folks through the line faster. It's cafeteria style but there is a very pleasant wait staff who helps you with everything you may need. Including fetching additional items like dessert if you like. I ask the young lady for half decaf and half regular coffee and it wasn't a problem

Washington, DC
“Elegant and Quiet”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We eat here quite often and, amazingly for a restaurant in a department store, the chef will alter how he cooks a dish to meet my wife's food sensitivities. The service is rather interesting in that you go through a line t pick your meals and then a server will bring your choices to your table, refresh drinks, etc.
The food is always fresh and good. Desserts, unhelpfully, delicious. We usually go after the dinner rush and the noise level is acceptable. Elegant, well decorated setting - a welcome break from food court madness.

• Visited October 2013