“Nice People & Place, Bland Food”
Review of Bangkok Delight - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Although in a somewhat cheezy looking strip with Burger King and a mexican restaurant, the interior of Bangkok Delight is attractive. The hanging umbrellas make what could have been a cold cavernous space into a pleasing Thai setting even if they do remind me of the Bellagio lobby in an odd way. The service was prompt and friendly. It is the atmosphere and the service that allows me to rate Bangkok Delight three stars. Although my dish had loads of chicken, I am about to say something I previously would have thought impossible to say of Thai food: it had no flavor. Okay, it had a little flavor. To provide a flavor gauge, the predone chopped chicken I had on my salad at the hotel manager's reception had more taste than my Thai hot basil chicken. The lemongrass soup was actually even worse. Beyond the minimal flavor, it was too oily and heavy-not something I expect. This is my only experience with Bangkok Delight. Maybe they were having an off night, but as much as I want to like the place, I cannot.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

This place is a gem, really good Thai food that is reasonably priced. But the best part is that is is undiscovered and so it is almost always quiet. So if you want a place to go out with family and friends and be able to hear each other chat and not to be rushed- this is a great choice.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

My wife and I are too inconvenient to walk for the buffet. They had the courtesy of offering us with their regular lunch combo! They said they wanted to promote the lunch buffet at the same price with the combo so their customers can taste different kinds of food. If the customers prefer lunch combo (like us) they have it available, we just have to ask for it. BTW, we can have "ANYTHING" they they would normally offer for lunch combo! What a great improvement!

1  Thank Sam G
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I have been coming here for years and have always enjoyed the lunch special. It was just the right amount of food for the price. As of October 1, 2012, the lunch specials have been replaced with a lame buffet. I am no a fan of buffets which is usually cheap food sitting around for hours that everyone else has picked through. My husband and I ordered off the regular over-priced menu. Needless to say, I will not be returning again.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Excellent food and service, very reasonable prices.

1  Thank elg820