“Great value, family BBQ place!”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #46 of 261 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
“Great value, family BBQ place!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I wanted to eat some good pulled pork, and my uncle recommended me this place. We ended up going with 4 people to this place.

It was a Saturday but it wasn't too busy, the waiter seated us quickly and we ordered the burnt tips with chips as a starter to eat together. The tips were tender and smoky, and a very nice appetizer for the rest of the food.
As a main we got the steak, baby back ribs and I ordered the pulled pork. Our sides consisted of coleslaw, mac and cheese, broccoli and chips.
I always order vegetables at a place like this, because it shows how much they care about all their food and not just their signature dishes. The steamed broccoli was a tad mushy, seemed to be cooked 30 minutes ago. It was what you'd expect.
The pulled pork was very tender and smoky (that'll be my description for most of the food!), it was a bit more chewy than I thought it would be, but still delicious with their Sweet n Zesty sauce.
The steaks were asked to be cooked medium-rare, but came out well done. They were quite thin so they were probably cooked and then left on the counter for a bit too long. Taste-wise they were great (tender and smoky!), but my uncle got his replaced by a proper medium-rare one at no charge (in fact, the steak was taken off the bill entirely). Which was a great way to solve the issue.
The ribs were great as well, again tender and smoky!

Overall we were very happy with our food, especially for the price and the service.

• Visited August 2014

Wisconsin
“4th of July Weekend 2014”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is one of the places we ate at during our trip. The food was decent. I was hoping for fall off the bone ribs but they really didn't. Still good flavor, good drinks and dessert. It's conveniently located next to a shopping area including Dick's sporting goods. Can't judge a place just by one meal. If there's a next time, I'll try something else on the menu.

• Visited July 2014
Columbia, Maryland
“Perfect Ribs”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Wow those ribs are succulent! Big family restaurant. Good service and good food. The prices are right. Their chicken taste delicious. And there spicy sauce comes in a great variety.

Visited July 2014
Baltimore, USA
“Messy-tasty!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Famous Dave's is an interesting chain. They have really good barbecue but everything else is just chain-ok. Atmosphere is the interesting part. Its like you are on a disney side show. Interesting...

Visited May 2014
Elkridge, Maryland
“Good chain BBQ”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

For a chain BBQ place it's pretty good. I prefer Kloby's off 29 on Johns Hopkins Rd. Not sure how either of those places will do once the Mission BBQ opens up in the same strip mall as the Famous Dave's.

The ribs were tasty but not spectacular. The online ordering process was super easy though.

Visited July 2014

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!