“Never disappoints!”

Clyde's of Columbia
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's of Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 267 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Little Patuxent Parkway, Route 175
Description: Situated between Washington and Baltimore, overlooking Lake Kittamaqundi, Clyde's of Columbia is perfectly situated for good times. Clyde's location attracts nearby shoppers, Merriweather Post Pavilion visitors, businesspeople and families for its great food and friendly atmosphere. The casual setting offers its patrons dining at the long wooden bar, framed by vintage travel posters, or elegant seating along the windows with a view of the lake. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, festivals and concerts attract people from miles around to enjoy the outside pavilion making Clyde's of Columbia a local favorite.
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This is the most popular spot for first time visitors & we took guests to enjoy the Happy Hour by the lake & then dinner al fresco on the Clyde's patio. It coincided with the summer concert series & made it a perfect spot for Clyde's delicious American fare.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Choosing 3 stars on Yelp means A-OK. Not sure how that makes sense, but to elaborate, my 3 stars means “just ok”.

The wife and I shared appetizers and a double crab cake dinner as well as desserts for a Monday night dinner. One might have thought that because we shared our meals we were seen as cheap and they needed to get us out of there quickly.

I know differently though. We are not cheap, we are trying to watch how much we eat while enjoying as much variety as possible. If you eat the average soup, appetizer, salad, entre and dessert at most restaurants you can take in 3000 calories easily in one meal. That is simply stupid unless you are a body builder.

I used to do metalwork on the kitchen equipment in many Clyde’s kitchens…often overnight. While wrapping up to get out by the time they opened for lunch, I overheard many staff meetings. They are trained to “turn tables” quickly…and they do it well and make good money.

So, don’t be offended by the fast service at Clyde’s, they are simply “that good”.

Unfortunately the food this night was just so-so. We had the crab soup which was wonderful…perfect.

We ordered the heirloom tomato salad. Basically a caprese salad. They should not serve this appetizer unless they have access to real vine ripened tomatoes…they should know better. The tomatoes were not well ripened and not very flavorful and there was nearly zero balsamic dressing or glaze to flavor the plate. We needed salt and lots of pepper to enjoy these nearly flavorless tomatoes.

Next was the double crab cake dinner. They were very accommodating and split the dinner in to two plates for us. Unfortunately the crab cakes needed more flavor and could have been picked through the meat better. We had to endure a lot of shell in our mouths. There was no lemon, no sauce, no remoulade or tartar sauce…or seemingly no salt in the crab cakes. The sear on the crab cakes was perfect though, so the cook did a good job and the cakes were definitely mostly lump crab with little filler. The corn and potatoes served with the cakes were fresh and cooked well, but there was no noticeable trace of herbed butter as advertised on the menu…and again, salt and pepper saved the plate.

Wife had the blueberry cheesecake. Unremarkable.

I had the raspberry sorbet. It was very good, but I do not think it was made in-house.

3 out of five stars simply because there was no excuse for the tomatoes and crab cakes. I expect better from Clyde’s. There is another chain restaurant nearby that specializes in cheesecake. Clyde’s of Columbia may want to consider featuring their product if they can’t make a good cheesecake in-house. My wife said my cheesecake blew this away and I have made cheesecake a total of three times in my life.

Great service. They know how to do food better. They must have not had time to taste the menu items they served us this night.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Friends of mine were regulars at Clyde's when they lived here, and so I joined them for Sunday brunch recently. We got there just as it opened at 10 a.m. Clyde's has done locally-sourced food long before it became trendy. I ordered their ravioli with ratatouille and it was very good. Heavy on the diced vegetables, which were cooked tender so they were identifiable in appearance and taste. My girlfriend ordered an omelet with egg whites, which was misinterpreted by the kitchen as just an egg white omelet without the featured vegetables. The waiter removed it with absolutely no fuss, and returned shortly with a fresh plate and freshly made omelet (in other words, they didn't open the original one up and toss some vegetables in, then send it back to the table). Her husband had the French toast with a side of bacon, which was also nicely done. Endless coffee, and a beautiful view of the lake. We had a lot of catching up to do, and the staff was attentive but didn't push us out either.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

we ate here before concert - our waitress was awesome. She told us how to walk from hotel to concert venue so we wouldn't be caught up in traffic; food was very good; great beer; and good service

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I love Clyde's for its consistently excellent food at affordable prices. I have never received a bad meal at the Columbia location over many years and at times was astounded by the quality. But . . . my new rule is NEVER ON SUNDAY!

I celebrated my son's 30th birthday with my family of four on a recent Sunday. The occasion was marred by inattentive and downright sloppy service. We were supplied with menus that had different dates and items. Not a problem but when I pointed it out to the server she insisted that the items were the same until I pointed it out to her. She turned sour and returned with current menus and was curt the entire evening. Service continued to be slow even though it was not too crowded. About midway through our meal (about 8:00 pm) a waiter came into our section and began refilling salt shakers at nearby empty tables, banging them to make the salt settle. I inquired about getting a table outside but was told it was a 40 minute wait while several large tables of one or two people each nursed coffee.

It seems like Sunday is an afterthought at Clyde's of Columbia.

1  Thank Rahsaan