“Delicious!! ”
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 261 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Hickory, NC
“Delicious!! ”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to have dinner here after reading the good reviews on this place. I ordered the rotisserie chicken and my husband ordered the rack of ribs. These two entrees are their speciality, and they were absolutely delicious!!! We had the bread pudding for dessert. It was also delicious. I don't think you can go wrong with this place. We loved it! We will definitely visit when we are in the area again! Thanks!

1 Thank agoofygrle1

Nyc
“Stanford Grill one of the Best Dining Experience in Columbia, MD.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Waiting to be seated was well worth the wait time. Stanford Grill, is indeed one of the best dining experiences in Columbia, Maryland. Love the ambiance with option of dining outdoors with a fire place, patio style or indoors. Foods and beverages were excellent. Really enjoyed my Cosmo, and the Lobster Mac n cheese and Lump meat Crab cake were sumptuous. Great for "girl's nite" out, they're willing to split a check with guests and even down to shared dishes. Wow!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Maxine S
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great ambience, good service, delicious filet”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Nice ambience for a dinner or lunch. Make reservations. The salads are only so-so, but the filet mignon and mashed potatoes are delicious.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank apcstac
Laurel, Maryland
“Horrible service and not children friendly”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

What a horrible experience. Made reservations 3 months in advance for our family of ten (including) two high chairs to celebrate our twins 30th birthday. Showed up 15 minutes early to an almost empty restaurant to make sure everything was okay. The hostess couldn't have been sweeter but half an hour later with two hungry children they couldn't figure out how to seat 10 of us because they also had another party of 12 expected an hour later. They first tried to split us up between a booth and table nearby but not connected, then they tried to seat us at 2 small tables pushed together with 3 on each side and 1 at each end. The 2 year old and 18 month old were expected to sit in standard restaurant high chairs with no trays, not up to the table but set off to the side. We explained that they'd have no way to eat without access to the table. The answer was that they couldn't seat us. They just couldn't pull over an empty table next to ours and that seating and reservations were on a first come first served basis, but the table for 12 next to us still sat empty. We waited patiently until yen manager finally came out and said there was nothing they could do. We explained that the children couldn't eat without access to the table and he said that children weren't entitled a seat. We were all very upset. We tried to show them his they could move over a smaller table but they refused. I fought back tears as my twins became more and more upset. Finally I told my husband in front of the manager that our daughter was calling other restaurants for seating. Suddenly the manager said they would make it work and moved the table as we suggested. It continued downhill as the waitress refused to take the appetizer order and children's food order to put in first so we could feed the children quickly. She said we had to order all the food at once and the menus had to be removed before she could submit the order "what?". She asked my daughter for her knife, trying to clear the table mid-meal, my daughter said she needed it to continue to cut her sons food and the waitress said she could have it for just a few more seconds. Seriously? I went to the restroom after dinner but before dessert and returned to find my drink and napkin gone and was told she thought I was finished. Some of our dinners were fine, others (some identical meals) were so over-peppered they couldn't be eaten. When we were given the check the waitress pointed out a couple of times that the service charge (tip) was included but was the base (18%). A $400 bill and believe me we added no additional tip as she was suggesting. If you have something special to celebrate, stay away from this place.

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank CPB13
“Awful Staff and Worthless Reservations”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My family had a reservation for a large party that we made months ago. We got there and waited 50 minutes to be seated because they had nothing for us. We had two toddlers, and someone who drove really far to be there, so waiting that long was really really hard on everyone (if you have a toddler you understand). What is the point of a reservation if you aren't given a table when you arrive? The manager on duty was really rude and mean about it and made no effort to make things right. He was a 20-30 something African-American male with glasses and I don't know his name, but he should not have a job with the way he treated our family. It got worse! Our waitress, Korinne, was just as rude and acted like we were troubling her all night long and rushed to get us out as soon as she could. The way she spoke to us was unprofessional to say the least. She kept taking our drinks and wouldn't bring them back and kept taking or plates and utensils and napkins, so almost all of us were drinkless before we were even done eating, and all our napkins were gone so I was unable to even wipe my hands. She then started boxing up our food before we were even done, and we were trying to hold conversations, so it was hard to pay attention to what she was doing and she tossed food we were still eating! For the large $400 bill we had and the amount of money we made them, you would have though we'd at least be treated like customers...they were rude and unprofessional and I would not recommend them to anyone who wants to be treated well at dinner. After all we went through I figured they would at least comp an appetizer or a dessert, but they didn't. The rude manager never even checked on us, but we watched him check on every other table. Also, Korrine, toldl us she expected more than her "base service charge" as she called it. Wow...I wish I could get my parents' hard earned money back from these thieves.

4 Thank Amy S