“Great birthday dinner!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stanford Grill

Stanford Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stanford Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 260 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Stanford Grill, food is our passion. Our commitment to ensuring you enjoy your dining experience is illustrated in our approach to the menu. Every day, our chefs handpick the freshest produce. Our chef-inspired dishes are made to order and prepared in our open-air kitchen, making you part of the culinary experience. Come enjoy the ambiance, savor exceptional American cuisine and sample our array of red and white wines. Stanford Grill: American cuisine at its finest.
Odenton, Maryland, United States
“Great birthday dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Friends took me for my birthday & I'm so glad they did. The staff was busy but friendly. The place is beautiful. The food was great. The cheese plate appetizer had a great variety of some excellent cheeses.The chicken was succulent, the New York strip was cooked to perfection, & the prime rib was melt-in-your-mouth good. The brownie sundae was too big for 2 to share. After we finished, we were allowed to take up a table on the gorgeous patio & relax as long as we wanted. Made for a great night.

• Visited August 2014

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Gets better each visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've been coming here periodically since they opened. My last visit was for lunch and I was truly torn at deciding among their rotisserie chicken (a favorite), an entree that would allow me to have spaghetti squash as a side (it's delicious but seasonal), and one of the day's specials, an appetizer plate of local artisan cheeses and fruit. I went with the latter and was not disappointed. Finished off with always excellent and strong coffee and ... wait for it ... what I consider to be the best key lime pie there is. Always made fresh, including the whipped cream and nuts ground into the crust. I'd almost forgotten how good it is. I never can finish an entire slice at one sitting and have found it tastes just as good when I finish it at home.

The decor has remained very well cared for inside. Service always attentive and personal. And I have to compliment whoever designed and maintains their landscaping. It's gorgeous and when you sit outdoors or in the area between the patio and indoors, you would never believe Little Patuxent Parkway is so close by, the landscaping has done its job.

Keep it up, Stanford Grill!

Visited August 2014
Columbia, Maryland
“Please Turn on some lights...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I love this. I really do. It has great service, lovely outdoor space, and the best bread pudding ever. We always sit near or at the bar to enjoy the jazz. I have one complaint. Please turn up the lights! Just a bit so that I can see me food, my husband, and take a decent birthday pic. I even asked the bar tender how he can work in this environment. He agreed it is too dark and many customers complain. Ooooookay, so why don't they do something about it. I've written the manager. Next time I'll speak directly to him because...I will return.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
“WOW... Worth the wait on a Wednesday night no less...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This place was AWESOME and PACKED!!! We went on a Wednesday night, made a reservation, and still had to wait I think it was almost 30 Min to get our table (6 people, so...)
But it was SOO WORTH IT!! The food was absolutely delicious!
If your ever in the area seek this place out, it is WELL WORTH IT!
Expect to spend a good amount, but it's worth every penny.

Visited June 2014
Reston, Virginia
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate at the Stanford Grill for our anniversary. She had the wood grilled trout and I had three crab cakes. Both were beautifully presented and delicious.

Highly recommended.