“Been Coming Here for Years, Always Consistent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luna Bella Ristorante - CLOSED

Luna Bella Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, MD
“Been Coming Here for Years, Always Consistent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I’ve been coming here for years and for a wide variety of reasons, with various different groups of people. The food & service has remained consistent all throughout the years. It is tucked away in the Hickory Ridge Plaza, but is the best place to eat in that plaza and most of Columbia. The portions are good, the price is decent, especially for the flavor and care used in making the food.

I have a variety of favorites that I’ll order from. From the chicken/veal marsala, to the brick oven pizza, from the appetizers to the desserts and even the salads and basic items. My girlfriend & I usually order from them at least once a week. Our favorite things are the marsala, the calamari, the fried mozzarella, the bruschetta, the field green and gorgonzola salad, the shrimp & scallop rose marie, the gnocchi, even the classic spaghetti with some meatballs is splendid, better than I could make at home, the shrimp salad sandwich, the chicken club and an assortment of their piazzas.

We usually get take out or go at off times. It gets busy at dinner time and certainly on Friday & Saturday around dinner time. We’ve found that going or getting take out just before, between 4:00 & 5 you can usually have good service & have the to go order quickly. Overall though the waits are never terrible & the food is worth it. We just prefer to not be with the crowds. They do have outdoor seating too.

The staff is very friendly, always handles themselves well, and they give great customer service. The place can get busy, but they all do their jobs well. The restaurant itself is very quaint and always clean too. There is an attention to quality & detail all around.

I will say the desserts are fantastic. They sometimes can be a bit pricey, but they are very much worth it overall. The peanut butter chocolate bomb is excellent. They rotate their desserts as well so there is always a variety and they do have some usual standards offered too.

I am not from Maryland originally, I have lived here for 7 years now, I am from a city where there is a lot of good food and places to eat with both quality & value. Both my girlfriend & I are not big fans of the food culture in Maryland, it stinks. Between that and the overpriced nonsense served in DC we struggle to find routine places to eat. Luna Bella is one of the three exceptions to that rule. They are an oasis of good food in this area.

Whether you are from the area or out of town, stop in, you won’t be disappointed. It is literally a stone’s throw from Maryland Route 32.

• Visited June 2014

Columbia, Maryland
“Great food, charming atmosphere -- outdoor seating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This little restaurant is often full, so it may not be a great spot for a romantic dinner. However, for a group of friends, family, or a couple looking for a nice meal and environment, this is a great place.

Good Italian food, something for everyone from vegetarian to meat eater. The pizzas are very very good, probably the best in Columbia.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Illysa I
Baltimore, Maryland
“Atmospheric and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

After having a luncheon with my coworkers I decided it might be a good place for my husband and I to have a date night. When you enter Luna Bella you forget that you are in Columbia. Its small and intimate and the lighting is just dim enough. The decor is simple yet eclectic. The food is excellent. When I was here for lunch I had the Italian Chef Salad which is pretty much a spring mix of greens and Italian meats and cheeses with a balsamic dressing. The greens were perfect and the dressing complimented the flavors of everything in the salad right down to the boiled egg. When my husband and I were here for dinner we both had the chicken marsala. The chicken and pasta were cooked perfectly and the sauce was excellent. Luna Bella has definitely become one of our favorite places in the Columbia area.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jesse H
Columbia, MD
“Great Food and Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have visited Luna Bella frequently for more than a year now. The food is fresh and delicious, the service is consistently above average and it is located within 5 minutes of our home. They serve lunch and dinner at reasonable prices and we usually always take home what is left on our plates which turns out to be another meal for us. If you decide to stop in this wonderful establishment, you simply must ask to see the dessert tray before you leave.

1 Thank LordThomMohr
Columbia, Maryland
“Great small place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

A neighborhood favorite. Make a reservation for weekends, as always busy. Wonderful specials, pasta dishes freshly prepared and service is always good. They even do carryout. A very reasonable wine list.

Visited March 2014