“good”

DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

it was a very nice stay i enjoyed it . the people at the front desk were very polite. me and my husband come there to stay alot its our favorite hide out. and we plan to have many more stays so as long as you continue to treat as kind as you always do we will continue to come stay at Double tree at Columbia ..

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I attended a high-school reunion this past weekend and we all stayed at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Everything was clean and smelt nice. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and will definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Doubletree by Hilton was by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff were absolutely wonderful, kind and helpful. Rooms were great!! Restaurant and room service food was EXCELLENT. You can't go wrong here for the price. Excellent value.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Westayed in the Columbia Doubletree for the Queen concert and were disappointed. The front desk staff are relatively polite but not friendly. You should not expect a "Good morning", a smile or a "How are you?" Apparently, the hotel business is an extremely serious business at this location. For example, when I checked in, I asked the front desk attendant when the complimentary coffee in the morning would end. I was rewarded with a shrug of the shoulders and an unconcerned "I don't know." In addition, I was more than slightly appalled to have a bird's eye view of the many tables in the lobby area as the glass elevator ascended to our hotel floor. The tables were covered, and I mean COVERED, with fingerprints and handprints. It looked like a classroom of kindergartner shad been playing arts and crafts. It looked like the tables had not been cleaned in at least a week. Then, I thought philosophically, it might have been a busy Sunday and they would be cleaned during the course of the evening. Still, when I returned at midnight, the tables were the same, as they were the next morning at 9 am. So, with two small children, that made me wonder about the general cleanliness overall. In addition the pool floor was dirty, and the coffee bar ran out of sugar at 8:45 in the morning. I asked at the front desk if there was any more and I was told that the hotel was out of sugar, and that I would have to go into the restaurant to get packets if I wanted them.
I don't know. There just didn't seem to be much service here. I would never come back again. My husband and I are Hilton Vacation Club owners, have Hilton Amer. Ex. Cards, participate in Hilton Honors points, and always stay at Hilton hotels. This IS, however, our first venture to a Doubletree. I know it will be our last.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was our second visit to the hotel because the first experience was so good. We liked the hotel and its staff of professionals. The hotel was clean, bright and welcomng. The only concern we had on the second visit was that we were assigned a room at the very end of the second floor and that can be a problem for seniors with baggage. Other wise I rated it as a great hotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Horrible service. Barry was the ONLY person who showed any caring or offered any help at all. All tables in the atrium area were filthy. THe main downstairs restroom was closed and I had to use the bathroom in the pool area. The hotel ran out of sugar and they do NOT offer a free breakfast, so why they ran out, who knows. When we asked for sugar, we were told to ask at the hotel restaurant (who became mad at us for asking). The four of us checked in and were given 2 bottles of water and 2 cookies. When my wife asked for another bottle of water, she was told that they were for sale. She felt like she may have been about to have a seizure, but, as usual, an older, male stafff could have cared less - not at all hospitable or friendly. Never coming here again!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

From the moment you step into this beautifully furnished hotel, you are treated like family. The front desk staff was very helpful. The room was great - bed very comfortable. Room was quiet. Complimentary shuttle service to Merriweather Post Pavilion was an added bonus. We didn't have to worry about driving over. Our driver, Barry, who also checked us in was very funny and even played music from the band we were seeing. The complimentary tea and coffee bar was awesome. Great hotel!!! Great price!!!