Courtyard by Marriott Columbia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsstanford grillfree dessertstandard courtyardserved quicklymobile appnice fireplacesmall exercise roomhalfway pointdressing areafront desk stafflobby area isminute drivelots of pillowsguest roomswould stay here againrooms are cleanbusiness travel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This hotel is in a good location in Columbia, Maryland. You are able to have access to shopping malls and places to eat! The hotel is very clean and has good service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I recently stayed here for one night after a power outage. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby is very nice and recently renovated (I believe). There is a bistro in the lobby and business center. I believe they have Starbucks coffee there. The lobby is pretty typical of some of the Courtyards I have stayed at in the past. The hotel is a little old looking. the hallway carpet looked like it could be replaced. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. There was a small sofa in the room. Noise was not a factor. The hotel was pretty well sold out due to the power outage. It is centrally located in Columbia and close to many places to eat (most are reasonable priced) and shopping. It is a short drive to the mall. Parking was adequate. If you are not familar with area, it may be a slight change finding it since it is at the end of a side road.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

The lobby area is really nice along with a friendly front desk staff. My family had to stay here like many others because of the power outage. I wish they would have had a free breakfast - that would've been huge. We were already spending money that could've been put to better use, but at least it wasn't 95 degrees inside.

Speaking of temperature - I'd recommend the hotel look into updating the room air conditioner. It seemed there was too much dampness in the air. I'm also glad that the price was fair since some places I called were price gouging. It's pretty sad how people love to take advantage of another's misfortunes.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

When me and my hubby arrived, there was no one at the desk so we waited until a young man arrived. We were able to book a suite for the night thankfully. I wanted to check out some of the local restaurants and I must say, columbia is a very crowded yet beautiful city. Our room was lovely and when we went to the pool it was late and we were the only ones in there. The service however wasn't that great because the front desk staff seemed to be having a bad day. I would recommend if you plan to stay for a day or two..

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My husband and I stayed for three nights in a standard room at a rate of $99 per night.

The hotel: The Hotel was hidden off a side road so was not the easiest to find. Parking was ample and safe. The hallway carpet was dingy and could use some updating to match the sleek lobby area.

Lobby/bar: The lobby was clean and modern--we loved the seating (TVs in the booths). We ordered a pizza from a less than friendly individual (young, dark haired kid who didn't acknowledge us for five minutes). The pizza tasted like it was frozen then thrown in the microwave; overpriced $21 dinner.

Pool: The pool is indoors and of fairly good size; plenty of towels. We went to the pool/hot tub area but left immediately after it was full of noisy children.

The room: Clean but very small. AC is older but works very well. Their amenities were nice and the room has coffee makers. The lady who cleaned our room didn't speak english so we had to call the front desk to communicate we wanted a room cleaning. She cleaned it fairly quickly.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the elevator--the hotel is U shaped so if you end up on the far side, you'll be walking a ways. I would also recommend a first floor room so you can walk directly from your balcony to the pool/courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family