“Scenic Views nestled between Baltimore and DC” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel

Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Highlands, New Jersey
“Scenic Views nestled between Baltimore and DC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise this property turned out to be. Free garage parking that you would never get in Baltimore or DC in quiet picture-perfect surroundings; it was like a stop in the park.

I asked for a room change and got it! The room was oversized with a nice view. The restaurant breakfast buffet was impressive and the wait staff attentive. If you are driving and have the extra time, this property could be a tranquil alternative to other DC or Baltimore options.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for the great review - I worked in the DC market for many years and agree that this is a nice area that offers a lot of opportunity for relaxation while being close another to the cities that you can easily get there. Hope you will be back again soon!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have been to this hotel several times over the 4th of July. My husband and I met at the lake next to the Sheraton and also married there. We have been back several times. Once the staff found out we were celebrating our 15th year anniversary they upgraded our room. sent us a handwritten special note along with champagne and special yummy treats. This is a great place to stay in a very convenient location. It is next to a beautiful lake with lots of restaurants and a mall and movie theater practically next door. Parking is free. I highly recommend this hotel for the 4th of July fireworks. Columbia, MD has great fireworks display and wonderful entertainment. It is also a great place for a lil romantic get away. Mr. Ramon Yepez, the hotel rooms manager went out of his way to make our anniversary special. It is a great place for families also.

Room Tip: Ask for tower section and club level. Great lake views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
It was a pleasure hosting you on your 15th anniversary and am very happy that you enjoyed your stay, again, with us. I will certainly pass along your comments to Ramon - he is always dedicated to assisting our guests and making them feel special. We look forward to seeing you on your 16th...
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel has really stepped up its game (it was my 4th stay here). The town center festivities for July 4th were overwhelming to say the least and the Sheraton was an oasis in the midst of the mayhem. The staff were all very friendly, accommodating and really made me and my family feel welcome. They have updated the menu at the restaurant and it is fantastic, serving a variety of tasty goodies from pizza to delicious southern fare like shrimp and grits (my favorite) and chicken and waffles. I stayed in a Tower room and the beds and amenities are all high quality. The pool area was clean, stocked with towels and you can order room service right to your pool chair. This is a comfortable, affordable, clean hotel in a great location. Its a winner, I will be back soon!

Room Tip: Get a club level tower room with a view of the lake, its worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great 5 Star review - We truly appreciate the feedback and am glad you enjoyed your stay. Also, I will pass along your information on the menu to Tom and Kenny, our F&B Team, they will be very happy to hear. We look forward to seeing you again next year if not sooner!
Litchfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were able to book this hotel about a week ahead for only $89/night. The hotel is on the water where there is a local fireworks show. We stayed in "the lodge" portion of the hotel (separate from the main tower). Common areas needed painting, but the rooms were renovated. clean, and comfortable. Located just across the street from Town Center mall, this is a great location at a great price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for the review of the property and your experience on the 4th of July. We enjoyed hosting everybody that evening and ensuring good views of the fireworks. We look forward to you returning again next year (or hopefully sooner)
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed here because it was the closest hotel to the concert venue down the street.

Pros: nice campus (campus because the hotel is right on the edge of a lake with trails and a forested setting), nice outdoor pool, clean room, awesome bed and pillows (really comfy), great restaurants within walking distance (Clyde's is excellent), shuttle took us to the concert venue but is is actually so close we walked back, nice outdoor seating overlooking the water, reasonable hotel rates, like the 12:00 checkout time

Cons: not rude, but definitely curt check-in staff; I only asked if my room was ready and when she said no when would it be ready - the clerk didn't need to bark at me that it was not and add the pointed and snarkey "GUARANTEED (heavy and curt accentuation) CHECK IN TIME IS 3:00PM" - hey hey hey not a big deal we were going to grab something to eat anyway jeesh; I do have to say that the other clerk seemed normal and when we came back another staff member was handing out bottles of water to people waiting in line so maybe it was a quirk

I would definitely stay here again and also recommend it to others. In fact when another artist that we like comes to the Merriweather we are considering adding a second night so we can relax and enjoy the campus some more.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Recruiting
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for your response and I am sorry for the curt treameant you received - we know that concert weekends are heavy with early and large checkins and sorry if we came across short...I will certainly review this with the Team. Thank you for your words about the property and the surrounding area and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Hospitality is not in this hotel's vocabulary, and I travel and stay at a lot of SPG hotels. The staff including the front desk is very unapproachable(even though you're spending $190 for a room) there are a ton of hotels in the area with friendly staff, stay away!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I read your review and am very sorry that the hotel did not meet your needs. I will certainly review your comments with our associates and meet personally with our front desk team about how our guest perceives our services. I can assure you we take this level of input very serious and will make the neccessary changes to better serve you in the future - we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to gain your trust in us.
Spotsylvania, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed here for one night last week and enjoyed a peaceful setting for a little rest and relaxation. The room was clean, amenities plentiful- such as the robe, Starbucks coffee, and the Club Lounge continental breakfast. I was in a Tower room which was quiet and had a beautiful view of the lake. My mini stay was all I could ask for; and the bed was completely luxurious! My head hit the cushy pillow and I fell asleep in record time. Overall, I was very pleased and would be happy to stay here again. Thank you!

Room Tip: I recommend the tower rooms highly!
Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth C
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
I am very happy that you found the hotel, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and the surroundings to be pleasing. I will share your input with the associates and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.