“Banquet Services”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Baltimore, Maryland
“Banquet Services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I attended a Tax Law seminar in the Lakeview Ballroom today and had lunch in the restaurant. The banquet staff was extremely helpful and catering to all our needs. Captain Blake in particular was especially helpful. During lunch service i observed him going above and beyond to assist. He is clearly a valuable asset to your company. I was quite pleased with the entire set up of the restaurant as well, the set up was entirely different than breakfast which was a nice touch!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Alex,
Thank you for the wonderful 5-Star review and I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your seminar at meals at the property.
I agree Blake does a wonderful job and helps direct a dedicated team to provide excellent service. It should come to know surprise that he is mentioned often.
Also happy to hear you enjoyed your lunch and will pass this along to Chef Kenny.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel is undoubtedly the best hotel option in Columbia, thanks to its location on the lake, near good restaurants and shopping. Although the property itself is showing a little sign of age, primarily in the room size and layout, it's still well worth a visit if you want a full service hotel. And, the staff are some of the nicest hotel staff I've met in quite some time. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear New2Cal,
Thank you for the kind words about the property and our associates - I agree we have an unbeatable location in Columbia....walking distance to the Mall and sitting on the lake. We are also a quick ride into both Baltimore and DC.
We are working on a renovation for next year and will be excited to see exciting changes at the property - hopefully you will be back to enjoy soon.
Again, thank you!!
Ellicott City, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My bridesmaids and I only had the pleasure of staying in the amazing suite for one night before my wedding, but it was perfect for the six of us. You really can't beat the view! The bed was so comfortable and very large, three of us fit in it! :) There were two bathrooms which made it perfect for all of us getting ready on wedding day. The breakfast was small but very good. The only thing negative I have to say is that when my new hubby and I checked into a different room after our wedding, nothing special was done. When booking I made it very clear that it was for our wedding night and not one person said "Congratulations," and nothing special was in our room- I just thought this was a typical thing most hotels do, especially with the money we spent for the suite as well as referring all of our wedding guests to stay in their hotel. Other than that, everything was great and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Caitlin,

On behalf of the entire team at the Sheraton Columbia I want to congratulate you on your recent wedding....I am sorry that we were not able to add this special touch when you stayed with us - We love to celebrate along with our guests.
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and we will be getting directly in touch with you in the coming days to talk about a future visit and how we can make it extra special.
Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon!!!

Joe Giannino
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

For the past 5 years or so, I have been staying at the Columbia Sheraton about 8 times a year, usually single night business stays.

I was taken aback when one of the front desk clerks began to greet me by name (my complicated Italian last name) as I entered the lobby. Being such an infrequent guest, I was quite impressed that someone would made the effort to remember me by name and make me feel so welcome.

I can attest that the special welcome I receive from this one person is really typical of how all the staff at this hotel (whether Ms. Joseph or Ms. Shavers or Ms. Thomas or whomever at the front desk, and even Mr. Vernon when I schedule a ride in the hotel van) has made me feel each time I visit, so much so that I look forward to my visits. The Columbia Sheraton has become my home away from home.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alex A
Dear Alex,
Thank you very much for the great 5-star review....we are so happy that we are your hotel of choice. I met with the team that you mentioned in your review and they were delighted about your comments - we work hard to exceed our guest expectations and it makes us proud when we do.
I look forward to meeting you on your next stay....(I also have a complicated Italian last name).
Thanks Again
Joe Giannino
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I just wanted to thank the Sheraton for the great hospitality that was shown during our recent visit. Melton, one of your employees was exceptionally kind and provided the most excellent service whenever we requested any service. If there were more employees that took their job as serious as Melton and provided such gracious service when staying at any hotel, people would always comeback for such friendly and exceptional service. That is exactly what people are looking for and it makes them want to come back as they know exactly what type service they will be receiving when staying at the Sheraton. I honestly believe he should be supervising other on how to treat quest that will be stating at the Sheraton at the Columbia Town Center. Once again, I just want to thank Melton for such good service. Had a great stay at the Sheraton and with excellent service from Melton it was a bonus on top my trip. This is also a beautiful hotel in a beautiful city.

Room Tip: This was not Danielle but her mom and room was under Harrell. Thank you Sheraton once again. And yes...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear KCmy Rick,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review and the glowing comments about Milton in our engineering department. This means a great deal to us and we have met with him to personally congratulate him on your input - thank you.
We are glad you enjoyed the property and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Thank You!!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at the hotel. We were there for four nights with two connecting rooms, and we were very comfortable. The staff is very friendly, and there was even someone standing and greeting you as you enter the doors. The room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. We needed a toothbrush, and within one minute after calling the front desk, someone was at our door the toothbrush. The hotel is really convenient since it is within walking distance to very good restaurants and we walked across the street to the Columbia mall. We would definitely stay at the Sheraton Columbia again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Paul R,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review. We are all happy we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. I have met with the housekeeping team to pass along your feedback and thank them.
We look forward to a future stay - again, thank you!!
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I want to start by thanking Tyrone the Bellman and Sandy at the front desk for their courtesy and assistance. Arrived extremely early on my check in day and they were able to get me into a room right away regardless. They both were pleasant and answered any questions I had. Accommodations (9th floor club level) were nice. Nothing special, but clean room, comfortable bedding, great view, and quiet. The first night that is.
On the second night, apparently either the hotel was full or someone decided it would be funny to put people in rooms on both sides of mine. On one side, was someone that snored so loud, I could hear it through the wall with no problem. On the other side, were two women (may have been more people, but thats all I heard) that decided it would be a good idea to open their connecting door to my room, then slam it closed, and then stand there and chat and laugh at 11:45pm. Once I was awake enough from this to realize what was happening, I walked up tot he door and told them to be quiet please as some people were trying to sleep.
Normally, I would have complained about something like this but I was too tired and needed sleep. It was also my last night there and I knew I would not be dealing with it again. So I kept it to myself upon check out.
All in all, it was a good stay. Bar was pleasant, food was good. Breakfast and Hors D'oeurvres on Club level were a nice touch. Some complimentary wine or beers would make the Hors D'oeurvre party better.

Room Tip: Floors 8 and up are Club Level. No complimentary breakfast unless you are in Club Level.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kyle S.

Thank you for the great 4-star review and mentioning Sandy and Tyrone....they are both wonderful associates and we appreciate their work.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed - they are wonderful and available through Sheraton.
Again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit!