“Nice service, pretty location”

Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Basel, Switzerland
“Nice service, pretty location”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had a huge room with view on the lake and swimming pool. The personnel is great, very friendly. Despite then size of the hotel, they take care of each of their guest individually. I really appreciated the shuttle service provided by the hotel.. It has to be booked in advance to be sure to have the right time slot available, but it is really convenient.There are free coffee, hot chocolates, fresh cookies, everyday a surprise in the lobby. It is quiet and at short walking distance of a big shopping mall, movie theatre, restaurants all around. I really appreciated them jogging in the morning around the little lake. Breakfast is simple but good.

Room Tip: A room with view on the lake is of course very nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Anne2020,
Thank you for the wonderful review of the property and our associates - we are all glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Again- thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

There was a rock festival going on to which the entire staff was dress as what I can only describe as 'street walkers' and 'thugs'. I get the staff uniforms can look stuffy, but honestly I understand why sometimes you can't let the staff dress themselves.

We had just gotten off the road from a 5+ hour drive and asked staff where we could eat. We were told "there is a mall across the street with a food court". A nice guest told us of a local group of restaurants within walking distance that was much better than the staff's recommendation.

Tried to check in at 3pm, but no rooms were available due to incompetent cleaning staff so was told to wait. They tried to put us in another room, but I refused so we waited some more. Finally got into our room at 4pm.

When you first enter the hotel the lobby is amazing, but quickly realized we were put in the 'old' section. On the way to our room the halls were lined with abandoned cleaning and food carts. Trays from breakfast were still laying in the hallway. Room was OK, but not the room with a sleeper sofa and mini fridge I reserved.

Treated to bottles of water that said complementary of which we guzzled. Later learned only 1 bottle was complementary, the other was $4. Nice bait and switch Sheraton!

The one thing I can say for our stay was that the bed was amazing! Maybe it was from being on the road or having to deal with the staff, but I sleep like a baby.

Our door-lock died and had to argue with front desk to fix it. Staff claimed I was doing it wrong or the card need re-keyed. Finally was able to convince them the door was broke. We were unable to get into room until maintenance fixed it.

The scarier fact was my husband was unable to get into the room (which we learned was due to the broken door lock) of which the staff re-keyed. My husband gave the wrong room number and without checking the staff just gave him access to some other person's room. Holy lack of security!

We had such an awful stay the staff knew us by name every time we came up to the desk.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main tower, not in the old rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for the detailed report about your stay - I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations and will review all the details to learn and better us for future large events at the property.
The M3 Festival happens annually and we have always tried to embrace the theme of the weekend, the same as we do during the Columbia Triathlons.
Please feel free to contact me directly at joe.giannino@sheratoncolumbia.com if I can be of any future assistance...again, we are sorry your experience was not positive.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on several business trips of late and am very pleased with the hotel, the food and the rooms- especially with the front desk; Sandy and Tierra were so helpful and accommodating, I just had to say: Rock On!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Charles,
Thank you so much for the review and the kind words about Sandy and Teira - I agree that they both do a great job and we often hear positive comments.
Hopefully your travels will bring you back through the area and you will stay with us...please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do on a future stay.
Avenel, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 April 2014

It was a family trip for a weekend. The check-in was smooth and the staff was very courteous and welcoming. The rooms were clean with all necessary amenities with a private Patio and comfy beds.

The breakfast was really good with variety of food items. Its a huge facility but they have plenty of parking within walking proximity of rooms. The trails and lake views from hallways were amazing and soothing.

Will definitely stay here again if i am back in the city.

Room Tip: Choose room with Lake view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Peter,
We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on the property. I agree that we have a terrific location with the lake on one side and the mall on the other - coupled with the fact that we re located so close to both Baltimore and DC.
I look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay and thank you again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great experience here thanks to Sandy at the front desk and the Sheraton team. Beautiful rooms with views of lake. Great restaurant too. Walk to the mall or other restaurants in the area. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Sammy,
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are all happy you enjoyed your stay and our Waterside restaurant. I agree that Sandy is an exceptional member of our team and she has great impact with our guest....we are glad we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Groveland, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was was 2nd stay here at this hotel. It is a tired hotel and in dire need of refurbishment. Has issues with bugs, outlets coming out of walls, handicapped accessible rooms showers do not drain well - water runs from the shower area under sink and behind toilet so you have to mop up water so you don't slip and fall - outlet in bathroom is located right by the sink. Nice place to plug in a hair dryer while standing in a huge puddle of water. The walls are paper thin so you can hear everything. My room was on the 5th floor and they are all open to the lobby atrium area - so if they have any functions going on and you are in your room, it sounds like the party is right outside of your door. Beware if you book this hotel -

Room Tip: do not stay here - and do not stay in the "Lodge" they do not have elevators so you will b...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Theresa,
I am very sorry for the challenges with the room....I have already reached out in an email to you personally in hopes to regain your confidence on us. I look forward to speaking with you.
Joe Giannino
Cameron Park, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our company held a large event at this hotel and from the moment we arrived we were greeted with exceptional service and a courteous hotel staff. Our accommodations were very well kept and the front desk staff was attentive to our every need. A couple of the employees that stood out were Michelle from the front desk as she made sure my colleagues and I had everything we needed. She was very helpful and assisted us with many tasks while we were there 3 days. Also the dining staff including Free and Mary Kay were excellent . I would recommended a visit.

• Stayed April 2014
Kameron,
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your time with us - we were all very happy to see you enjoyed your stay and mentioned two of our exceptional associates.
We take pride in meeting and exceeding our guest expectations and we are glad we were able to exceed yours.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.