“Girl trip for Wine In The Woods”

Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is my first time staying at a hotel for "Wine In The Woods". I choose this hotel for the convenience. Even before I arrived I could tell the staff was great. I called several times getting info and the staff was pleasant around the clock. Check-in was quick and professional. Our room had a great view of the lake. I checked in on my birthday and would like to give Michelle W. and Tyrone a special thanks. Throughout the whole trip they were awesome. Tyrone was always gracious when we asked him to take us somewhere (always smiling). Michelle was very gracious and when she saw that it was my birthday she gave me complimentary breakfast buffet coupon. There was another van driver. I can't remember his name, he drove us to the park on May 27th at 1130a and picked us up very nice, I cannot write this without saying something about Ms. Mary Kay. She was GREAT at the Buffet. Check-out at 330a on the 18th was great , The gentlemen was very nice that early in the morning. Great conversation, I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor in the Tower. The only complaint I have is that the people in the room next t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Debby,
Thank you very much for the detailed review and mentioning so many of our associates - there is no doubt we are very fortunate to have such a great group working at the property.
We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to you returning for other wonderful events in the Columbia area.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel recently for a business trip. The hotel is well maintained, friendly staff and conveniently located to mainy of the business parks in Columbia and the mall if you're a shopper. Sits right on the river, so request a room facing the river rather than the parking garage.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review and the input on our hotels fantastic location - nestled between the Columbia Mall and a beautiful lake, complete with walking trails. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I worked closely with Bebe Miller, Director of Catering for our son's rehearsal dinner. From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were greeted by Bebe and others from catering. They made sure every need was taken care of and assisted us in decorating the room with balloons. They had set-up the room eloquently with candles and beautiful white linen. Having the Waterside Restaurant overlook the lake, made the room feel even more warm and inviting. What can we say, but...Perfection! The evening was perfect and the food was hot and delicious. Blake and Giles served 30 of our friends and family like they were taking care of their own family. Throughout the entire evening they catered to our every need; even helping take a few photographs. The Sheraton Columbia Town Center made our evening so special and had everyone looking so forward to our son and now daughter-in-law's beautiful wedding day. We can't thank the entire staff more for making the evening perfect. In the future, we will definitely consider using the Sheraton for future family events.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kerry,
Thank you very much for the wonderful 5-Star review. We are all happy to hear that you event was all that you wanted it to be and especially for mentioning our associates by name - we share these in meetings and they are proud to receive. We are glad that you and your family have found a location for future events and we all look forward to hosting them.
Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I travel regularly to Columbia and always stay here. The staff bends over *backwards* to make a business traveler happy. One of the managers, Brian, always checks on me during my visits; the head of housekeeping rustled up a spare cell phone charger for me a few weeks ago. Yesterday, after forgetting my toiletries caddy there, a young woman named Tierra P bent over backwards to get it overnighted to me and was so professional, and so helpful. I won't stay anywhere else in the area. The closeness to really fun restaurants (sushi, French) is a huge bonus too.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower rooms; ask for a corner.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Stacy,
Thank you for the 5-star review and the mention of our exceptional staff. I am glad that when you stay with us we are able to exceed your expectations and I know the associates take pride in the quality of their work.
Again, thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I am a event planner and I use the Sheraton Columbia Hotel a lot for events at this location. Everyone has always been so professional and saw to it that all of my needs and my clients needs were met. The front desk staff especially Shirlyne and Michelle are always on their job. They always have a smile and are on their job to please me and my clients. Shirlyne goes over and beyond to see that my hotel stay there in January 2014 (I had a wedding and stayed for the weekend) was so pleasant and I cannot wait to return to get this efficient service. The bellmen especially Tyrone and Vernon are very accommodating at all times. I always recommend this location to family and friends for their events and their hotel reservations. Thanks for a great staff and great hotel. Carolyn H.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Carolyn,
I was very happy to read your review of the property and especially the input on so many of our associates....I will be certain to share with each of them.
I am glad you enjoy the hotel and that we are able to exceed your expectations.
I look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay or event at the property.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The service at this hotel is wonderful! It was also in a great location for me to travel. I was inspired to write this because of the driver, Tyrone. He is so polite. He drove me anywhere that I wanted to go, he even helped me get my bags to my room. He wasn’t nasty like the drivers at the other hotels I've been to. Tyrone also got me to my destinations on time, and did not keep me waiting long at the hotel for a ride. He is also a funny guy. All of the workers there were very polite. The food is also great too. I definitely would recommend this hotel to my friends, and family. Even strangers. !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Chaquasha,
Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review and the kind words about Tyrone. I agree that he is a wonderful associate and we hear many positive things about his good nature and dedication to his job.
Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have stayed at this Sheraton for the last 6 years while attending the M3 Festival at Merriwether Post Pavilion. I love the fact that it is walking distance to the venue, across the street from a shopping mall and walking distance to several wonderful restaurants that surround the beautiful lake behind the Sheraton. It seems that each year there is always a wedding, reunion, or other event on the same weekend as the festival but the staff goes above and beyond to make sure that everyone's stay is up to Sheraton standards. And this year, they kept the hotel bar open in the evening after the show which was perfect. It kept us from having to deal with the crowded conditions at Clyde's after being at the venue for 12 hours. It was nice to be able to sit and enjoy a conversation with friends over a cocktail before retiring for the evening. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast buffet is absolutely wonderful!! When I asked about the omelette station that used to be in the buffet area, the waitress quickly informed me that they still cook them to order in the kitchen. I will definitely stay here any time that I am coming up from out-of-state for an event at Merriwether!! The service and staff are top notch!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear SydnaW,
Thank you for the wonderful review...yes, it seems that every M3 weekend we have multiple events and a full house....we always have fun. I am glad you enjoyed some of the items we did for the concert goers and look forward to you coming back soon. The concert season just started with plenty of great shows still to come!!