“Great staff”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Long Branch, New Jersey
“Great staff”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was very lovely but the real asset was the staff. My girlfriend and I were a bit lost arriving at 1 am so we called and Brian at the desk helped us navigate back. Then he was very cordial and helpful when we arrived. The following morning the breakfast servers were again very cordial enhancing the meal. The buffet was also first class.

Room Tip: Hotel located off the main street so traveler may need assistance. City does not allow signs.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and mentioning Brian.
We are all glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back agian soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Hauppauge
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This was one of the worst stats we ever had. Except for the politeness of the front desk nothing else was acceptable. We were there for a family function and prior to arriving I asked for a room with a microwave and a mini refrig if which we got neither. There were no towels in the bathroom when we entered our room. The room was directly in front of the ice machine so we heard it all night. The room only has a desk with two small drawers so we had to keep clothes in our suitcase. The clothing rid in the closet was missing 3/4's of it's length. The one there was maybe 2 feet long . There were two young groups there for a soccer and lacrosse tournament. The first night the kids were running up and screaming up and down the halls until very late. The next night the room me the people in the room next to our room were so loud that I had to bang on the adjoining wall. We ordered coffee in the AM to our room and not only was is $9.00 but there was a $3.50 service charge. That was a little over 1/3 of the price for the pitcher of Luke warm coffee. When I ordered it for two adults we got 1 coffee cup, and less than a tablespoon of milk.

The front desk was very polite but I would never stay at the facility again.

• Stayed May 2014
Donald,
I agree that the team staying with us from Hauppauge NJ was quite a challenge. We have hosted many sports teams in the past but never have we encountered the issues we did this weekend. Please let me know if there is anything further I can assist with.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had a lousy day full of annoying travelers. When I got to the hotel around midnight, Brian (guy at the front desk) really made me feel welcome and went out of his way to ensure that I received excellent service. I definitely recommend the hotel and the staff should be commended for their service! - Mark

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mark,
Thank you for the great review and for mentioning Brian - he does a great job and takes pride in his work.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Traveling for business, staff have great customer service excellence skills, we took the shuttle to the mall for dinner and decided to walk back from the mall, very peaceful location. It would be great if there was a refrigerator in the room

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful 5-Star review....we are all happy you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of the property to the Mall.
Hope to welcome you back again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is my first time staying at a hotel for "Wine In The Woods". I choose this hotel for the convenience. Even before I arrived I could tell the staff was great. I called several times getting info and the staff was pleasant around the clock. Check-in was quick and professional. Our room had a great view of the lake. I checked in on my birthday and would like to give Michelle W. and Tyrone a special thanks. Throughout the whole trip they were awesome. Tyrone was always gracious when we asked him to take us somewhere (always smiling). Michelle was very gracious and when she saw that it was my birthday she gave me complimentary breakfast buffet coupon. There was another van driver. I can't remember his name, he drove us to the park on May 27th at 1130a and picked us up very nice, I cannot write this without saying something about Ms. Mary Kay. She was GREAT at the Buffet. Check-out at 330a on the 18th was great , The gentlemen was very nice that early in the morning. Great conversation, I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor in the Tower. The only complaint I have is that the people in the room next t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Debby,
Thank you very much for the detailed review and mentioning so many of our associates - there is no doubt we are very fortunate to have such a great group working at the property.
We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to you returning for other wonderful events in the Columbia area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel recently for a business trip. The hotel is well maintained, friendly staff and conveniently located to mainy of the business parks in Columbia and the mall if you're a shopper. Sits right on the river, so request a room facing the river rather than the parking garage.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review and the input on our hotels fantastic location - nestled between the Columbia Mall and a beautiful lake, complete with walking trails. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I worked closely with Bebe Miller, Director of Catering for our son's rehearsal dinner. From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were greeted by Bebe and others from catering. They made sure every need was taken care of and assisted us in decorating the room with balloons. They had set-up the room eloquently with candles and beautiful white linen. Having the Waterside Restaurant overlook the lake, made the room feel even more warm and inviting. What can we say, but...Perfection! The evening was perfect and the food was hot and delicious. Blake and Giles served 30 of our friends and family like they were taking care of their own family. Throughout the entire evening they catered to our every need; even helping take a few photographs. The Sheraton Columbia Town Center made our evening so special and had everyone looking so forward to our son and now daughter-in-law's beautiful wedding day. We can't thank the entire staff more for making the evening perfect. In the future, we will definitely consider using the Sheraton for future family events.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kerry,
Thank you very much for the wonderful 5-Star review. We are all happy to hear that you event was all that you wanted it to be and especially for mentioning our associates by name - we share these in meetings and they are proud to receive. We are glad that you and your family have found a location for future events and we all look forward to hosting them.
Hope to see you again soon!!