“The Staff Made the Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel

Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Rowlett, Texas
“The Staff Made the Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel and the amenities available to SPG members was wonderfully convenient. Even though the front reconstruction of the entry proved noisy and dusty, the workmen were courteous and sensitive to those walking past or through the construction site.

However, what made this experience so special and the hotel a place I will revisit soon, is the hospitality of the staff. Sandy Thomas and Tierra Povell exemplified the kind of staff that transform a hotel stay into a friendly, comfortable visit. Their patience, daily greetings of "Good morning, Mrs. James" or "How are you this evening?", or "What can we do to assist you?" made me feel special and well looked after.

My children live in the area, and I will definitely visit this hotel again, and often!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Ruth,
Thank you for the 4-star review and mentioning two of our wonderful associates; Sandy and Tiera.
I am sorry for the work being done on the front but it was necessary and assure you it will add to the sense of arrival once completed - thank you for your patience.
We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I chose this hotel in Columbia because it sat on a lake and was adjacent to a nice system of paved and well-signed running trails which is why I am giving it three stars instead of two. The hotel was fine - a mixed bag. It is across the street from a large mall, if you're into that. The hotel Is an open atrium style, which means that you hear every noise in every hallway all day and all night. My room was on the fifth floor on the front of the hotel and I could hear conversations of everyone who came outside to smoke and joke around (and efforts until 11:15 pm one night to load metal tables and chairs from a hotel event into a truck). The bed was very comfortable, but room service delivered me a burned quesadilla (edges were actually black and flaking off!) with which they had forgotten to include the promised salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. How hard is it to melt cheese between two tortillas? The fan in the room didn't work, so I had nothing to block the noise echoing through the hotel. My recommendations: ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. It will be quieter, and you will have a view of Lake Kittamuqundi. The running to Centennial Lake, around, and back (~ 7.5 miles) was quite nice. Also check out the Bagel Runs (google that). A Whoe
Le Foods Market will be opening soon just one block from this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor on the back side of the hotel.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jen335,
Thank you for the feedback and I assure you we have already met with the culinary and food and beverage team to learn what happened with your order - this should have been perfect.
I am glad you enjoyed the property, the wonderful sweet sleeper and proximity to the mall and lake.
I hope we are able to welcome you back again soon.
Rutherford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I wanted to pay homage to Ms.Tierra Powell and how she handled our check-in with high-end professionalism on our arrival. She proved that being kind and respectful for guests' needs are and were a priority. It was for a one night stay and she made us feel very welcomed.

Dear Aquarius,
Thank you for the wonderful review and mentioning Tiera. We are all glad you have enjoyed your stay and that we have exceeded your expectations.
I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was very lovely but the real asset was the staff. My girlfriend and I were a bit lost arriving at 1 am so we called and Brian at the desk helped us navigate back. Then he was very cordial and helpful when we arrived. The following morning the breakfast servers were again very cordial enhancing the meal. The buffet was also first class.

Room Tip: Hotel located off the main street so traveler may need assistance. City does not allow signs.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe_Giannino, General Manager at Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and mentioning Brian.
We are all glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back agian soon.
Hauppauge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This was one of the worst stats we ever had. Except for the politeness of the front desk nothing else was acceptable. We were there for a family function and prior to arriving I asked for a room with a microwave and a mini refrig if which we got neither. There were no towels in the bathroom when we entered our room. The room was directly in front of the ice machine so we heard it all night. The room only has a desk with two small drawers so we had to keep clothes in our suitcase. The clothing rid in the closet was missing 3/4's of it's length. The one there was maybe 2 feet long . There were two young groups there for a soccer and lacrosse tournament. The first night the kids were running up and screaming up and down the halls until very late. The next night the room me the people in the room next to our room were so loud that I had to bang on the adjoining wall. We ordered coffee in the AM to our room and not only was is $9.00 but there was a $3.50 service charge. That was a little over 1/3 of the price for the pitcher of Luke warm coffee. When I ordered it for two adults we got 1 coffee cup, and less than a tablespoon of milk.

The front desk was very polite but I would never stay at the facility again.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Donald,
I agree that the team staying with us from Hauppauge NJ was quite a challenge. We have hosted many sports teams in the past but never have we encountered the issues we did this weekend. Please let me know if there is anything further I can assist with.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had a lousy day full of annoying travelers. When I got to the hotel around midnight, Brian (guy at the front desk) really made me feel welcome and went out of his way to ensure that I received excellent service. I definitely recommend the hotel and the staff should be commended for their service! - Mark

Dear Mark,
Thank you for the great review and for mentioning Brian - he does a great job and takes pride in his work.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Traveling for business, staff have great customer service excellence skills, we took the shuttle to the mall for dinner and decided to walk back from the mall, very peaceful location. It would be great if there was a refrigerator in the room

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the wonderful 5-Star review....we are all happy you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of the property to the Mall.
Hope to welcome you back again soon.