“Comfortable Stay”

Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay America. The staff was always courteous and greeted me with a smile. Whenever toiletries were needed, it was never a problem getting them. Shazia, Michelle, Natalia, Veronica & Mary were each a pleasure to communicate with. I always left around 7:00 in the morning. However, the few times my scheduled had changed and I left later, I noticed Will working hard and he was also very pleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room 153, 12/31/13 - 1/24/13

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. i was very pleased to find out that the staff fulfilled your needs and were courteous. We look forward to your future reservations at our Property.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I stayed at the ESA to attend a nearby dog show. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the property was clean and attractive. There were a few others staying for the dog show, and we were all made to feel welcome. Veronica was very gracious, sweet, and helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Thank you for your recent review. I was most pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay and most definitely the staff and how they showed they cared. We look forward to your return visits to our hotel.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay America in Columbia. It was a clean, warm and inviting atmosphere to stay at. I find it difficult to dravel for business and feel comfortable with where I am staying which is why I enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay so much. Extended Stay made me feel at home and was a great source of stress relief. Also, I wanted to compliment Veronica at the front desk for her outstanding hospitality. She was friendly, helpful and really went out of her way to make me feel at home during my stay. It was nice of her to take the time and effort to give me directions around the area and assist me with finding local restaurants in Columbia. I will definitely be staying at Extended Stay next time I am in the Columbia area for work.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our property and the service provided by Veronica. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

First off the place is very clean and quiet. The area is filled with places to eat and things to do. My friend it was her first time in maryland. She is from south america and even though she has lived in the states for more than ten years. She is more comfortable speaking spanish. The lady at the front desk was very helpful i think her name was victoria or veronica. she speaks spanish that made my friend feel very comfortable. She helped her get around and i'm sure if she is in town for business again. she will stay there and i will be at this hotel for a couple days hanging out with her.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Columbia 100 Pkwy. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

The entire staff is professional and helpful. Veronica and Shazia are so very helpful when I call make to a reservation I feel very welcomed. I find the property is very well maintained clean and quiet.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. I was very pleased to hear that you found the staff welcoming and the property quite clean. We look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel as it's in a pretty nice area of Howard County, MD. I've stayed at some of the surrounding hotels and always had a very pleasant experience. NOT THIS TIME!

To start with, the hotel is just dreary. It's dark and dirty. When we walked in, the front desk staff was sitting off to the corner out of sight on a laptop (it was a Sunday afternoon - people should be expected to walk in). Check-in was easy and we were directed to the elevator behind us. Inside, there was trash and crumbs all over the floor. Our room was close by and well-organized. I was surprised they still used traditional bed comforters (ick!). The bathroom was kind of haphazard - some of the faucet hardware was coming off the wall, there was some type of red paint (nail polish?) spattered on the counter, and the shower hadn't been fully wiped down. There were no toiletries or hair dryer offered, so be prepared!

You might also want to check, but it appeared based on the card in the small bathroom that housekeeping doesn't come to your room every day. I know many hotels are trying to be more green/save money on doing linen laundry every day, but it didn't seem like housekeeping was going to come at all unless you asked.

The television selection was horrible! Even "basic" cable staples such as Food Network and TLC weren't available.

The hotel's walls are paper-thin. I'm usually a heavy sleeper so hotel noises don't bother me but between the people on the floor above us and the activity in the hallway, it was not a very restless night of sleep.

Another pet peeve was the stink bugs. I know that there's no known pesticide that will kill them, but there are a number of preventative measures that can be taken to reduce them. At this time of year, there shouldn't be more than MAYBE one seen over the course of a weekend. We had two in our beds on separate occasions. Makes you wonder how many are hidden that you aren't seeing? Eww.

I will not return to this hotel. My suggestion is to pick one of the other many hotels located nearby.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask to stay on the third floor. At least it won't sound like a herd of...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The Issues in the bathroom you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am 1) inspecting all the rooms with my management team to make sure this does not happen again, and 2) meeting with the maintenance and housekeeping teams to assure this does not happen again. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mdize3@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Extended stay claims that there has been upgrades and this is the reason for increase. NO way! The rooms chairs as broken, asking for a new what is absurb. It never happened. There is trash left in the hallways and stairways. I even saw the cleaning person with cart on the floor and when she was finished the trash remained there! NOt her job? Trash in stairwell and had trash there as well.
Dish- There is not enough decent channels Too much murder or snapped channels. Show time is not channels that should for movies when traveling with children and even older members in a family. Really! Come on now Let's get real
Grab and Go-Never seemed to be ready Not enough supplies, coffee not hot because machine not properly set, rotten bananas, and dried up oranges At times when we were there; by 8 am nothing was there!
Need to work o the satisfaction for your customers. Also many times trash was even outside the building Just looks tacky and nasty! There was even a fight the first weekend we there and it was just horrific

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you stay with us was not a pleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing all your comments with my staff and I will be correcting these issues. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mdize@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.