“Give it a try ..waterview was beautiful”
Review of Somers Cove Motel

Somers Cove Motel
Somers Cove Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Crisfield
Balt
“Give it a try ..waterview was beautiful”
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I would give Somers Cove a try...I am going to be completely honest...It is not a luxury hotel. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I chose the upper floor and had the waterview. It was beautiful. The lower floor rooms I heard ..but would check have a stove. I saw picnic tables that were nice outside of the lower rooms. I saw a big smoker grill .The lower rooms did not have a great view of the water. The reason I went was to go Crabbing around the corner at Janes Island. This is a great trip for kids around 8 and up. There is a pool and a large field for the kids to play sports at the hotel..my kids did not want to leave. If you want to cook crabs get the lower level. The pool was a litte run down with missing tiles..but the kids loved it! The grounds were not imaculate either. Crisfield is a fishermans town..so there is not much to do. I would suggest crabbing by day..Mahos for dinner ..which has great food and overlooks Crisfield and going to Ocean city at night..45 min away..for the boardwalk. Be warned to always wear bug spray before getting out of the car at Crisfield there are large biting flys...dont swim at dusk or they bite too. As for the neighborhood nearby..the houses were very well kept ..they were section 8 ..they people there were very friendly and I felt safe. Overall my kids enjoyed the trip crabbing and swimming by day..OC at night..Not luxurious ..at all..grounds not spotless..I would go if you had kids..and want to enjoy crabbing/fishing..Not as bad as I expected..Oh and the from desk people were very nice..the rooms seemed to have newer carpet..the rooms were fresh , pillows were nice, and there were even nice velor blankets..I give them a B-....Just because the grounds needed to be freshened up..oh there is a small beach behind the road next to family dollar ..keep following that road to to the end and turn left..kinda small..but I saw kids jumping off the pier and climbing a ladder to get up..they were having a blast!! Just dont forget bug spray!! Enjoy!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank BaltMdgal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chestertown,MD
Reviewed 9 September 2008

We stayed at Somers cove Best Value Motel in Labor day weekend. Not good motel for senior citizen. When we checked in at 4: 45 pm. Bed was not maid bathroom was dirty and trash was there from previous guest. We went to front desk to change our room. We did not get no help from them. We saw front desk Clark was doing housekeeping plus front desk at same time with out washing their hands. We waited about 45 Minutes to talk about our issue. They change our room but what we saw in room, Ants and Cockroaches allover in room even inside of sheets. We decided to check out as soon as possible. Again we went to desk for our issue and refund. They did not give us refund back.They charged us $105.00 plus tax.
Also their pool was open.
Bad neighborhood.
Of curse dirty, bad management, no customer satisfaction.
We will not stay again

• Liked — Bay water
  • Disliked — Very dirty.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank dorthy_travel

Travellers are raving about these Crisfield hotels

Delta, PA
Reviewed 2 September 2008

We stayed at Best Value Inn, Somers Cove Motel. Room rate was very very high, was not worth it. Desk Clark was not that helpful. Room was smell like vomit. Room was very dirty. Stain on Carpet and Towels. Pool was not open. Too many local people hanging out side of motel. Neighborhood was risky and unsafe. We will not stay again.

• Liked — NONE
  • Disliked — very dirty motel
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank james_28_8
Denver
Reviewed 7 August 2008

The 3 nights that we stayed at the motel were not great, but mildly acceptable. The beds and furniture were old, and the linen was too, but at least it was clean. The bathroom was another story. Stains on the floor and wall, shower curtain should have been replaced years ago. To get to the hotel you have to drive through a bad part of town, but that said, no one bothered us. Hotel pictures are very old and misleading. Pool was closed and green while we stayed, but we probably wouldn't have used it anyway. With this hotel you get what you pay for. Low price, low quality. I would not stay here again.

• Liked — Air conditioner worked great
  • Disliked — The bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank LincolnVet
Delaware
Reviewed 23 July 2008

My husband & I went for a long weekend and a trip to Smith Island (loved that). The picture on the internet must be an old one. It does not look that good. The outside of the hotel is very run down. Our room was clean, but we had to ASK for daily maid service, which amounted to clean towels only and emptying of trash cans. The view was nice if you are on the 2nd floor. Our picnic table was broken and the other two were being used. You have an ice bucket, but the ice machine is next to the office and you need someone to unlock it? Management was nice enough. This place is great for fisherman (close to the marina), but if you are looking for any frills at all, this is not the place. It's a place to lay your head and sleep only. Public housing in the neighborhood was clean and well kept. Didn't concern us at all, other than to lock up. Probably wouldn't stay there again. There was a sign as you checked in that the pool was closed due to waiting for a new motor (the pool looked like the motor went up on it in 2005 - so much algae you could probably walk on water), so ask if the pool is open before booking.

• Stayed July 2008
2 Thank docssunshine
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 August 2005

Was in Crisfeild, to spend time on the Sound. We stayed at the Best Value Somers Cove Motel, I found it to be very relaxing and peaceful. The staff was out of this world, like staying with family. I love the view of the bay and all the waterbirds and wildlife. I would highly recommend this Motel to all travelers. A little piece of home, when you are out and about.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 February 2005

Hi,fellow trip advisor users
I was in CRISFIELD,MD pastweekend for my uncles funeral(sadthing)bfefore going there i read review on this site which i don't agreeto.
person says goingthrough housing authority,and drug delars,
sounds kind of scary but belive me as cold as it was around this time of year i can't belive some one will be standing out side to sell drugs all dayall night.
well any ways to me it looked people were just standing out side their houses.THEY DIDN"T BOTHER ME,THEY DON"T TRY TO STOP YOU OR ANY THING.
and this hotel/motel is great i would stay here all the time,nice rooms,CLEAN ROOMS,nice view of harbor and marina.
I HAD FUN STAYING HERE.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crisfield
Econo Lodge
Alexander House Booklovers Bed and Breakfast
The Inn at Onancock
The Inn at Onancock
#1 of 6 in Onancock

Been to Somers Cove Motel? Share your experiences!