“Terrible Experience”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Crisfield
Wilmington, Delaware
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

o Hotel was dishonest. I made a phone reservation, was quoted a price and when I arrived was told that the price was $10 per night more. I should have requested a written confirmation, but didn't imagine I would be subjected to such disgraceful business practice.
o The carpet in the room was dingy, dirty, and unvacuumed.
o Towels were threadbare and ripped with holes.
o Motel was rundown and grounds were dirty--an open condom wrapper remained outside in front of the next room during the entire stay.
o Promised continental breakfast was minimal at best and second morning of stay office was locked with no continental breakfast available and no response to the phone!
o Swimming pool was packed with what appeared to be neighborhood kids--not at all pleasant for any hotel guest that might be interested in going to the pool.

I can't imagine someone knowingly choosing to stay at the Pines Motel. Anything else in Crisfield is better.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank DelReviewer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Depending on who your neighbors are, your stay can either be hellish or average. Management does not have any rules for tenants to follow. Seems like all they are concerned about is you pay your rent. If your room is beside someone who is inconsiderate and noisy until 2am, go figure if you'll get a good night's sleep.

Although they say someone is available to help you 24/7... it's not true. You'll find yourself calling and waiting until somebody finally attends to you.

Rooms- you can hear INCONSIDERATE neighbors who think no one else is staying there. Bed bugs? At least you can do something about that... like asking them to change the sheets and vacuuming the room. But lousy noisy tenants? Management should make sure everyone gets to sleep! They should make rules about the peace and quiet of the motel... rules about what time you can drag your luggage to your room because others may be sleeping!

Location is great though. Food lion is less than 5 minutes away, so is the Marina.

I guess if you're on a tight budget, it's fair. Just pray your fellow tenants are considerate of others...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank anonymousathero
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2010

This place is very safe, very quiet, and comfortable. Front desk persons were very helpfull and didnt charge us any additional money even though we stayed after check out time. As we currently sit in the room, we would say this room is satisfactory but nothing spectacular. The decor is relatively dated, though it appears in my room (friend is in another room) they have done some modest renovations. There appears to be new carpet, wallpaper, bed coverings, and lamps in my room. However, the nightstand, desk, and TV armoire is older and dated. In my friends room, furniture appears older and bed appears pretty basic . Bathroom has new lighting,, countertop was clean. our room # was 121 and my friend's room # 122. We enjoyed free brakfast and free wi fi high speed internet.. They also had a wonderfull pool.

Overall, I would say if you can get a reasonable price on the motel it's a satisfactory choice as long as you don't need the most current decor in your room.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trippin4funfun
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2010

For one weekend every year for about ten years when I was younger I used to travel to Crisfield with my parents. We always stayed at the Pines Motel. It used to be owned by a very nice family named the Carsons. The hotel used to be a quaint getaway, spotlessly clean, with a staff that would do anything to accommodate you. Wow, how times have changed!!!!

My husband and I traveled to Crisfield only to find that the motel's current owners have let the Pines fall apart. The grounds are not nicely kept, the rooms are absolutely filthy, and there are squatters living in the motel. "Worried" is a good word that can be used to describe my stay. Worried that bugs would crawl on me in the night, worried that my things would be stolen from my room, worried for my safety because of strangers lingering outside of my door.

Room 121 in brief: Our bathroom was disgusting. Hair, dust, dirt, and dead bugs covered the floor. There was a brown ring around the tub. The towels were supposed to be white, but most had a brownish tint. The wallpaper was falling off of the walls. The sheets were stained. There was trash and old candy around the perimeter of the bed. We did not receive any maid service during our stay. When I called the front desk to ask why, the man had no answer for me. Every morning and late afternoon a woman who was living in the room next door to us would stand in the parking lot waving a tee shirt in the air and have a 15 to 20 minute conversation with herself! It was very disturbing and kept us from leaving our room during the time she was out there.

Crisfield is a quaint, quiet, relaxed town with many lovely people. We will go back, but be assured, the Pines Motel will not be anywhere on our agenda!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BlueSkies510
Nick P, Manager at Crisfield Budget Inn, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
We want apologize on behalf of the entire Pines motel Office team. Our first priority is the comfort of every guest. From your review it appears the issues you experienced during your stay could have easily have been avoided on our end. For that, we sincerely apologize. In the months since your visit we have spent a tremendous amount of time ensuring that all of our associates are properly trained on all our systems.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property, and we hope on your next visit we will be able to make it up to you, and show you why our hotel is rated finest hotel in Crisfield
delawar
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Enjoyed in PooI and free wi fi high speed internet. i loved my stay here. Everything was wonderful. Check in was simple and easy and I got one without a complaint. The room was beautiful and a nice suprise was there was free internet access. I did bring my laptop so it was very usefull. The room was like a mini apartment. There was a mini kitchen and a good size of bedroom. Everything was up to date. The breakfast was really great. I would 100% recommend this place to anyone who wants to stay in at PINES MOTEL CRISFIELD< MD

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank powelmichael
We always appreciate feedback from our guests which helps us improve our services. It is our constant endeavor to communicate with our guests to ensure that we do all that is required to provide clean rooms and best services to all. Genuine concerns are always addressed promptly.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 June 2010

The Pines is a quiet place close to downtown. A microwave and fridge, responsive hosts and comfortable beds - what more do you need!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank chipmunk723
Bel Air
Reviewed 26 May 2010

This used to be a very clean hotel. We have stayed here once a year for years for a fishing trip. The hotel is now horrible. My 77 year old fishing budy went to get in bed and there were bedbugs! We had to request top sheets, there was something sticky and brown in the refrig, people are living in the hotel and they have gross old recliners in front of there rooms. Cigarette burns in the sheets, large ragged holes in the towels., litter everywhere, the grass hasn't been mowed in months, etc. THIS PLACE HAS GONE OFF A CLIFF!!!! It used to be full all the time - now they book 6 or 8 rooms a night. This was my last visit - bedbugs were the final straw!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank roadwarrior1161
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crisfield
Econo Lodge
The Washington Inn and Tavern
The Washington Inn and Tavern
#1 of 4 in Princess Anne
The Charlotte Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Crisfield Budget Inn? Share your experiences!