“Crisfield Md. is the place to be and Paddlewheel is the place to STAY!!”
Review of Paddlewheel Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crisfield
Paddlewheel Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Crisfield
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My family and friends, have been crabbing and cruising with The Crab Place for 4yrs straight..We absoutley love,love love it..Fun, fun, fun the whole weekend. Everything about the trip and stay at the Paddle Motel is right. Ms. Donna (paddlewheel manager) is sooooo sweet and she goes out her way to accomodate you.I feel like we've been friends for years..The place is very very clean and efficient.The rooms equipped with king or (2) queens size beds, microwave, small fridge and a flat screen tv. The price is another attractive factor. Wouldn't stay everywhere else...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 68denisec
There are newer reviews for Paddlewheel Motel

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Our room was Super Clean, we met a great staff, had a flat screen t.v., small refrigerator, microwave, big walk in shower, two lounge chairs in rooms with King Sized beds, and priced right.... What else can I say...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Dont08901
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My son and I stayed for two days. The room and the bathroom was spotless clean. The service was friendly like we were old friends. I plan on going back to Crisfield in the spring and this summer and this is the place I'll choose to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank paulheinlein
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have had 4 Vets come to the Crisfield area this winter to hunt with me. There are not alot of places to stay in town. Told the Vets to use the Paddlewheel due to the reviews. The outside is out brick , but the rooms are all updated and very nice. The Vets liked their stay and told me i should use it again.

Room Tip: lower level
Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Cody2012
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Clean & comfortable. Comfortable beds, new flat panel TV, refrigerator & microwave in room. No amenities provided other than soap. No elevator to 2d floor. Great location near marina & restaurants. Friendly accomodating staff. Telephones may not work--bring your cell phone, shampoo,etc. Old-style family run type motel. Location & price make it a good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Roger M
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My Partner and I chose this motel (AKA Capitan Tyler Motel) for a weekend get-away. We went to Crisfield to take the Ferry trips to Smith Island and Tangier Island. We stayed two nights. Our room was on the first floor and it was clear that our room had been recently renovated. The room was clean. The room had a refrigerator, microwave and a 32" Samsung flat panel TV. Near the window was a small table with two extremely uncomfortable barely cushioned chairs. As such when we were in the room we sat on the bed. The motel did not have an open WI-FI connection (none is mentioned in the ammenities.If you are a Verizon Wireless user there is 4G data service.
The A/C unit kept the room at a nice cool level. However, we found that if you left the bathroom door open even a little that the door tended to block the flow of air to the rest of the room. We tried to remember to keep the bathroom door closed. The king size bed was comfortable.

In the bathroom we found fluffy towels, small bars of soap and no shampoo. When we asked about shampoo the motel office told us that they didn't provide that. So, we stopped at the nearby Family Dollar store. The bathroom appeared to be ADA complient with an easy access shower and grab bars in the shower and on either side of the toilet.

Room Tip: As other review point out ask for a First floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Charles S
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the motel so we could attend the Crisfield crab and clam bake. We had requested a king size bed when we called to make a reservation. The room we were given had 2 doubles instead of a king, but since it was only for one night we decided to let it go. After we returned from dinner and pulled back the bedspread, we noticed orange stains on the fitted sheet. The flat sheet looked like someone had eaten on the bed and was also threadbare. I was quite surprised since the rest of the room was clean. We ended up sleeping in one double bed, because no one was in the office to ask for clean sheets. For $111.00 I would expect no issues with the room. I thought this was rather high, especially for a nonresort town, and since the our bed and breakfast the night before was $140.00 for much more service. Also, no coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SKF41181
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crisfield
Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City
Kingsbay Mansion
Kingsbay Mansion
#1 of 1 in Marion Station
The Charlotte Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Paddlewheel Motel? Share your experiences!