“Great Restaurant”

Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Cumberland
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Nokesville, VA
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I recently took a bike trip on the C&O Canal Path from Georgetown to Cumberland. I spent a Sunday night at a hotel in Cumberland. I had both lunch and dinner at the Crabby Pig, a nice place located right where the C&O and GAP Bike trails meet. The food was delicious, the service was good, and the draft beer was cold. I like the outdoor seating at this restaurant. I am looking forward to my next visit to the Crabby Pig on a night when they have live music.

• Visited April 2012

Palm Springs, California
“Over-rated by locals”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

A short walk from the Fairfield Inn, locals raved about this place. We found it adequate. The ribs were ample but barely warm when served. The seafood platter was also not hot and just a step up from frozen Mrs. Paul's, overly breaded and flavorless; no tarter or cocktail sauce was provided. And anyplace that serves salad dressing in little plastic take-out cups is pretty low-rent.

Visited March 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
“Yum!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The service at the Crabby Pig was great! Everyone was friendly and made us feel at home. The softshell sandwich that I had was delicious! I can't wait to be in the area again so that I can go to the Crabby Pig!

Visited February 2012
Roaming Endlessly
“Overpriced for quality and location, but friendly staff”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I'm guessing that a good amount of their traffic comes from the Marriott Fairfield next door, as they referred me over while I was staying there. Small family-style restaurant, but with big restaurant prices. $15 for 2 chicken breasts, $19 for salmon, $23 for ribs, pretty pricey fare given the location and quality. I had the grouper which was okay, but not Florida grouper quality nor Florida grouper prices. Two very friendly girls waiting on the two occupied tables out of the twelve available. I would assume that in warmer weather or on weekends they see a fair bit more traffic.

Overall, this was an okay dinner, but I won't be returning or recommending.

• Visited February 2012
Greenbelt, Maryland
“Great Family Restaurant”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We've eaten many times at the Crabby Pig as a family of 6 (2 parents, 2 grandparents and 2 preteens). The food and service has always been consistently extremely good. The prices are also reasonable and the atmosphere comfortable and clean. It's a great restaurant for families who are sick of fast food but don't like to go to fancy restaurants.

Visited December 2011