“Love this place!”

Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family owned Italian, Kid Friendly, Offer Gluten Free Entrees and Desserts, Live Music, Outdoor Seating, Catering, Can Accomdate Large Parties
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The atmosphere is very relaxing, and the food is spectacular! Wait staff is exceptionally professional and takes very good care of you.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Enjoyed a dinner here on our last night of a road trip and was very pleased. They kept bringing the fresh bread with infused olive oil on the side. Yum! Mothers enjoyed linguine with sundried tomatoes. A very simple dish but nicely done. Kids enjoyed 1/2 Caesar salads with chicken and shrimp. The 1/2 salad was not as big as expected but was fine with all the bread. Also celebrated a birthday with a slice of the outrageously yummy ice cream cake from the local creamery. Very attentive service and outdoor patio dining was nice (even though the parking lot is just behind).

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I live in Philadelphia, spend half my time in New York City and I've been to Italy several times over the past decade. I've eaten at the best Italian places and this place ranks right up there among the best. What a find...I mean, in Cumberland, Maryland? Who would have thought that I'd sit down to a perfect Cesar salad....the romaine wasn't ice cold like some places serve it; it was a tasty room temperature, the dressing was perfect, not heavy, not overloaded with garlic, with some lemon, capers, perfect crisp croutons and great anchovies. Even the warm homemade bread and herb-infused olive oil were perfect. My wife had one of their specials of the evening and the sauce was their house sauce that sits all evening simmering in a large kettle....it tasted so deep and rich. I decided to test this place with something simple...but truly not that simple...pasta and meatballs. I got a sauce that was much different than the red gravy on my wife's pasta. The meatballs were among the best I've ever had. Four large meatballs which were light, made with a perfect mixture beef, pork, veal and seasonings....they flaked apart....the wine accompanying the meal was nicely paired and very reasonably priced. Serving sizes were perfect too. Not one of those Italian places that tries to load up folks on humungous bowls of pasta....I was wonderfully satisfied, my wife couldn't quite finish hers. I was truly impressed that the two young chefs in this place were whipping out such perfect dishes in their relatively small kitchen which you can peek into as you enter or exit the restaurant. You gotta try this place...you will not be disappointed! And, in classic Italian style, the servers in this place are knowledgeable, super attentive, and very proud of the food and their role in this gastronomic endeavor. Worth the trip there if you're anywhere within 50 miles....

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I thought I submitted this review after eating here several weeks ago but apparently it didn't get published. We stopped at this Ottaviani on our way to western Maryland. The food was excellent. I ordered a bolognese dish that was one of the best bolognese pastas that I have had. My wife also had pasta that was superb. Dylan, our waiter, couldn't have been friendlier and attentive. We will definitely be going back there on our frequent trips out to western Maryland.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great service and the food was very good. One of the best salad's we've ever eaten, anywhere. The weather was great and we ate outside. Very nice, relaxing and tasty evening.