“Wonderful Pizza”

Ranked #3 of 106 Restaurants in Cumberland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Puccini Restaurant is located in the historic 1818 Hinkle House which served as a Civil War hospital during the Battle at Folck’s Mill. Famous for its wood fired pizza and its hometown friendliness, diners can select from Puccini’s full lunch and dinner menu. Open Daily 11 am to 10 pm. Free Wireless.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Right off of Interstate 68, exit 46. It's in a beautiful colonial house that was once used as a civil war hospital. We have stopped there now twice, both times having their pizza. Pizza is a wafer thin crusted variety with toppings of your choice. It's wonderful. What we saw on an adjacent table for italian food also looked good. It's well worth the stop.

2  Thank Iowa539

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was a great find in an unexpected location. Visiting family in Cumberland, we chose to eat here on a Saturday night. We had a reservation, which is recommended based on the fullness of the dining rooms and parking lots.

The pizza was outstanding---in particular the Honey BBQ Chicken pizza. It has a sweet flavor thanks to the honey and was something I hadn't experienced before. They had a decent selection of craft beer. Service was quick and friendly and based on driving around the Cumberland area, this appears to be one of the bright spots in what appears to have been at one time a booming town.

2  Thank MD1801
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My friend and I were heading to Rocky Gap Resort for some fun time in the Casino. He told me he wanted to take me to this restaurant for some great food before we got there. The food, the atmosphere...everything about this restaurant was amazing!

2  Thank Kimberly I
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I are both orginially from the area and when we return to visit family and friends, Puccini's is my must-have. I love the wood-fired smokey smell in the cold winter months and the great outdoor patio in the summer. I have never had a bad meal here. Ever. I have tried literally almost every pizza on the menu and I always like to try their daily specials. A must try are the zucchini fries, the bbq chicken pizza, or the crab cakes. Really, just go and order anything and you won't be disappointed. It's located right off the interstate, so it's very easy to find and the building is a gorgeous historical site as well. Enjoy!

1  Thank Megan L
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Located in an old historic house. When we pulled in we were concerned there was a dress code. I called as we were just in shorts & tees. Hostess was very nice said no dress code we just ask that you are dressed! Had to laugh. She told us it would be about 30 min wait and as we were traveling & it was late we opted to wait. We walked in and we were seated within 10 min. Crab Soup was outstanding! My husband had the beer battered fish and was very good. I have never seen pieces that large served! I got the flat iron which was cooked wonderful as well. So wished I had left room for dessert! Excellent but highly recommend reservations as they had limited seated due to the lower level being closed for a private function.

1  Thank Barbara O