“Cumberland Fairfield Inn is Perfect!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cumberland
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed, for the thrid year in a row, at The Cumberland Fairfield Inn for DelFest...a 4-day bluegrass festival hosted by Del McCoury over Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is first rate...the staff is FANTASTIC...and the location is prime. The hotel is very quiet, the amenities are top notch, and the hotel is just plain comfortable. We were there for 5 nights...and it felt like home. The staff even remembered us from past stays! I f you are going to Cumberland, stay at the Fairfield Inn...you will be treated like royalty.

Room Tip: Try and get a 4th floor room in the back of the hotel--you will have a great view and experience a r...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Came here to bicycle on both the C&O Canal and the GAP trails and this was a great location to stay at since both trails are right behind the hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating on helping us store our bikes. The breakfast was good esp. the waffles and coffee. The only minor gripe was that the towels were thin and well worn.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are on the canal side
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Fondue4two
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I used the Fairfield in Cumberland for a business meeting. They were very helpful and responsive on getting everything set up before the meeting and had every thing ready the morning of. I am using them again tomorrow for my next meeting of many every month and will use them for rooms and meetings from now on.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear breese d,

We’re thrilled that your experience at our hotel inspired you to write your first review! It is our pleasure to host you and your guests, and we look forward to a long lasting relationship with you!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Nice Hotel short walk from downtown & restuarants. Everything very good about this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My wife and I picked Cumberland MD as a destination because we wanted to sample the biking on the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) and C&O Canal paths. Cumberland is the town where the GAP and the C&O meet. The Fairfield Inn and Suites is right on the C&O trail about a hundred yards from the point where the two trails join.

The Fairfield Inn and Suites is a fairly new property and it is in the heart of downtown Cumberland. Cumberland is clearly making an effort to spruce itself up, and is making the most of these two nationally famous trails. The hotel is right in the middle of the spruced up area of town so it's a great place to stay if you are looking to explore the trails.

The hotel is fairly conventional, but that's not a criticism. Rooms are mid-sized. Standard breakfast. Clean and well maintained. There are a lot of bicyclists passing through on the two trails. The hotel goes out of its way to accommodate their particular needs.

My only gripe about the hotel is that car access can be a little convoluted. If you are going to arrive there by car look at a map first to get your bearings. If you are planning to arrive by bike from either the GAP or C&O then no worries. It's right on the trail.

Restaurants and a good bike shop are nearby.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kwajspeedo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for the five star review kwajspeedo, we hope you and your wife enjoyed your ride and that you’ll be back again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Fairfield Inn & Suites is another one of those formulaic hotel brands that leave very little room for individuality or character, so if you know you like one, you'll probably like this one as well.

The location is convenient, close to the Interstate but still within walking distance of downtown and the river front. Everything is clean, modern and colourful. Check-in was very slow, no-one at the desk for five minutes and no apology when someone did arrive. However a quick phone call followed check-in just to check everything was ok with the room.

Bed was comfy, good selection of pillows and TV choice was more than sufficient. I was a bit disappointed to see the bottled water in the room was a paid (and overpriced) extra, but mostly the room amenities were fine. The bathroom was spacious and spotless, and the shower was excellent.

Only downside was at breakfast, where sheer corporate laziness by Marriot sees every single item from the very broad breakfast buffet served in or on disposable and non-recyclable plates or packaging. In spite of all the usual hotel requests to re-use your towels, the amount of waste produced by one sitting of breakfast is astonishing. I ate only a modest breakfast and dumped what looked like a basket full of plastic and foil into the trash. How hard can it be to employ a member of staff to run cutlery and plates through a dishwasher?

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms are preferable as they face the river. Watch out for this hotel on Priceline...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear James B,

I always appreciate feedback from our guests and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on our consistency in providing first class service and accommodations, thank you for your compliments, and please accept my apologies for the delay during your check-in. I hope that Marriott sees and agrees with your point of view on the amount of waste associated with our standard breakfast, it would be a welcome forward movement to gravitate away from having to use so many disposables.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I really like staying here whenever I pick my daughter up from college. The rooms are spacious and clean. Check in is a breeze. We always get the government rate which is good.There Is a flat screen tv, microwave and refrigerator in the room. As with all the Marriotts that I stay in the beds are very soft and comfortable. The towels are soft. The room smells fresh and clean. The lobby is modern and chic. Continental breakfast is included. Although I didn't use the facilities there is a small workout room, an indoor pool with juccuzzi.

Ok for the bad and this is why I didn't rate extremely good. There are blackout curtains in the
room but they are on each end of the window and in the middle there is a sheer curtain. You
cannot completely close the curtains. My room was facing the parking lot with a light pole and my
room was lit up all night by the light. It was extremely hard for me to sleep. So here I am writing
this review at 4am because I can't sleep. Whoever thought that's was a good idea to not be able
to close the curtains completely should be fired.

There are several good restaurants and bars in walking distance. I really like The Crabby Pig. The steamed blue crabs are delicious.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room that's facing the parking lot with the lamp pole unless light...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear CHOCOLIT30,

I’m so sorry you had such trouble with your blackout curtains, they’re designed to meet in the middle of the window to block out all outside light. If I could trouble you, would you mind giving me a call to let me know which room you stayed in so that our maintenance team can take a look? You can reach me at 301.722.0340 at your convenience, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you if you have a free moment. On the upside, I’m glad to hear you enjoy staying with us, thanks for your repeat business and all the compliments. My thumbs up for the Crabby Pig as well!

John Sherman, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumberland
3 mi away
Best Western Braddock Inn
Hampton Inn Frostburg
Hampton Inn Frostburg
#1 of 6 in Frostburg

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland? Share your experiences!