“FF Room 414”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cumberland
Heber Springs, Arkansas
“FF Room 414”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Getting off the elevator on the fourth floor was a bit scary when we saw that the room #414 was next to the elevator. What a surprise. This had to be the biggest and quietest queen double we have ever stayed in. Clean, friendly staff and fair breakfast. FYI to Fairfield, you can buy replacement rubber bumpers for the steel door jams. And they help with all of the noise in your facility.

Room Tip: If there was a convenient walking distance Restaurant, this place would be perfect.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us and other travelers. While I’m sorry to hear you found our elevator noisy, I am happy to know you found your room quiet and our staff friendly. I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity for improvement. Thank you taking the time to write.
Kind Regards,

Janine Pitner, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights while we were exploring the biking trails in the area. The room was roomy and had a refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast was typical hotel breakfast but still tasty. The staff was very helpful. We had four bicycles with us. It would have been tight to have all four bicycles in the room with us. The staff let us store our bicycles in one of the event rooms. They were great in making sure we had everything we needed. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gus V,

Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. It’s nice to know you enjoyed our spacious rooms, breakfast and accommodating staff. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team! Please visit us again the next time you are biking in the area.

Centerville, Ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2014

While I expect a Marriott property in any price range to be acceptable or more so, my stay at this Fairfield Inn exceeded my expectations. The staff were the most welcoming that I have experienced at any Fairfield Inn in recent years. I requested directions to the Cumberland Amtrak station (I am a railroad buff) in order to watch the arrival of the Capitol Limited from Washington that evening. Those directions were spot on! I asked about a nearby restaurant to the hotel and was not only provided with directions but also with a 5% discount coupon for my dinner.

Breakfast the next morning was also just as good. A very large "Great Room" provides ample seating for many people, even with tour groups and those who were planning to travel on that week-end's Western Maryland rail trips.

Hotel prices have risen, to be sure. And, what I paid for a Friday night stay at this Fairfield Inn was more than I had planned, But, the quality of the experience made it worth the price.

Getting off I-68 and to the Hotel can be a challenge. Keep to the right, if you are traveling East on I-68, and drive very, very slowly so that you don't miss the exit to the Fairfield Inn's parking lot. If you do, just "follow your nose"
and the signs and you will return to the area where you may enter the parking lot.

Room Tip: I request a low floor King, and was very happy with what I was assigned.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers; I’m thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations! It’s nice to know you found our staff welcoming and breakfast ample. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team. Thank you taking the time to write.

Severna Park
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here for a week on business. The room was nice and clean, the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very professional and friendly. The breakfast was incredible. The location was great, right off the Interstate.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Helen,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, MD. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while on business, and we’re glad you enjoyed your visit. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our clean hotel, comfortable beds, and friendly staff. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon.
Brookville, PA
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Clean. Very clean. The entire staff is totally about service and extremely friendly. The free breakfast is solid. It's obviously not 5-star, but that is not expected. It's fresh and that's all you need. You can keep your bike in your room. Depending upon how you look at it, the Great Allegheny Passage and the T&O Towpath "begin" and "end" mere steps from the back door of the hotel. They even have a bike wash. Plus, the hotel is within walking distance of restaurants, bars and the downtown walking "mall" where there is plenty of entertainment, including "Friday After Five." I highly recommend this hotel. Bathrooms are big with exhaust fans. Rooms are spacious. Flat screen TV's. Nice cable package. Air conditioning unit works like it is supposed to work (meaning accurate temperatures). Parking is more than sufficient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We’re pleased to hear our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to the Cumberland, MD area.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Clean rooms are the first thing you notice when you walk in. The bed sheets are fresh, clean, and crisp white. The room is cleaned every afternoon while you are out. Complementary breakfast is offered in the lobby every morning. Fairfield also has a large, clean pool, and a bubbling hot-tub. The hotel in literally on the G.A.P. and the C&O Canal Towpath bike trails. Perfect for family, business, or any trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor tend to be the loudest, as the pool, lobby, and laundry room are nearby.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. It's great to know that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms as well as our friendly staff. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Cumberland, MD. Thanks again.
Ashton, Maryland
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am a frequent traveler to Cumberland and I always choose to stay at the Fairfield Inn. I do so because of the friendly courteous staff. I have never seen anybody without a smile on their face and a positive attitude. Janine, Darinda, Katie, Jennifer and Trina are just a few of the people I have come to know and really do look forward to seeing when I am there. They are fun, hard working and always helpful. A special group of people working there that really do make a difference.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert R
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Robert R,
We truly appreciate your business and you taking the time to share your experiences about the Fairfield Inn. The staff loves seeing you at the hotel and your compliments will certainly be shared with them! Thanks for recognizing our team and your loyalty. We look forward to your next stay!

Janine Pitner, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumberland
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Best Western Braddock Inn
Hampton Inn Frostburg
Hampton Inn Frostburg
#1 of 6 in Frostburg

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland? Share your experiences!