“Great location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cumberland
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Pros: The room was nice and clean. It is located right on the GAP trail and the C&O Tow Path trail. We were even allowed to bring our bikes into our room. Also the pool and hot tub were nice.

Cons: After riding our bikes 40 miles we came back to the hotel to find our keys were not working. We went to the front desk and they told us they thought we had checked out that morning even though we had prepaid for two nights weeks in advance. We went back to the room and found that the maid had not visited yet. We went to the pool and returned an hour later to shower but the maid still had not been in even though it was 4:30. My husband went back to the front desk for clean towels. He was told the maid would be coming in 15 minutes. At that point he told them to forget it because we both wanted to shower and go eat dinner. So, our room was not cleaned. The next morning breakfast was a disaster. Apparently one of their microwaves had broken and there was no hot food. The girl was trying to get caught up, but the place was packed and she just got further and further behind. The coffee was empty the whole time and I had to go back to my room to make a cup there.

I know stuff happens and the hotel did send me a small gift certificate to use towards a return visit to the hotel within the year which was very nice. I would still recommend this hotel and probably stay again mainly because of its location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Betty E,

It’s nice to hear from you. I'm sorry to the frustrating hiccups you experienced during your stay. Your sincere review, which highlights strengths and areas for improvement, is extremely valuable as it allows us to improve future guest experiences. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was in Cumberland on business and used to stay with another brand which is no longer there. I decided to try the Fairfield Inn and was very pleased with the staff and the appearance of the hotel...I would definitely stay there again. The only drawback is that this is the better hotel out of the ones in Cumberland so it stays booked. so if you have to check out and check back in there will probably be no vacancies!! This happened to me when I tried to check back in on the same day....oh well; guess that's good for them!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sherri N

Dear Sherri N,

It’s wonderful to hear from you. Your kind review serves as encouragement to our team who work hard to provide a pleasant stay. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I traveled to Cumberland on business and found the Fairfield Inn very convenient and well maintained. The Inn is walking distance from downtown and is adjacent to the C & O Canal with biking and walking trails. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and the views of the mountains and the river are wonderful. Their continental breakfast offers a better selection than the normal eat and run fare and the food is quite good. I will definitely be back when I'm in Cumberland.

Room Tip: Western exposure rooms have a view of downtown,the river and the mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear mwc713,

Thank you for taking the time to write; we appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed our clean rooms, friendly service and wonderful views in addition to our location. We look forward to seeing you again on your next business trip.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

For its convenience (can't beat right on the trail) and cleanliness, I highly recommend Fairfield Inn for all your bike trip needs, whether that is starting a trip on the C&O Canal or the Great Allegheny Passage. here is a bike wash station, bike racks, and we had no problem wheeling our bikes up into our rooms. Breakfast in the morning was generous and helped us get a good start on our first day riding the GAP. It is also an easy and safe walk to bicycle shop, bars, and restaurants in the historic downtown.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear knoja,

Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. We look forward to seeing you on a return trip.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have stayed at this particular Marriott for the last 5 years for a music festival called DelFest. The festival takes place over the Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is very nice, quiet and a GREAT hotel. BUT, they have elected to get GREEDY for the 2015 DelFest days by RAISING THEIR RATES BY $100 per day for the 5-day period of the festival. And, they require a PRE-PAY! I am a Marriott Platinum member...and have been corresponding with the hotel for a while...as they had these dates blocked out till now. There are other hotels in the area, namely a Ramada Inn, that will NOT try and take advantage of you. Shame on you Fairfield Inn...shame on you!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Metraveloften

Dear valued Rewards Member,

I appreciate you taking time to voice your concerns over the Fairfield Inn & Suites rates. The event has grown each year and has generated a demand in our market. I understand your concerns, but we are simply protecting our guest as well as our business with the restrictions we have set in place. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Janine Pitner,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is not the Hilton, or a Wyndham. But It is nice stay. Clean Beds, clean rooms. Nice staff. Lacks a Restaurant but there are plenty of options close by. The lack of room service is a letdoown, as well as a onsite restaurant, The Canal Place area is noice but boring. Downtown has options if you are willing to risk walking to it. I Recommend Washington street for a tour.

Room Tip: avoid the train side rooms if you dont like train noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear acolt,

We are happy to hear from you and value your kind review. It is encouraging to know that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are welcomed as they foster change for the better. We appreciate being a part of your trip!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have to again write and recommend the group and customer service of the Fairfield Inn Cumberland. Not once, but twice (!) this week the management and staff when out of their way to make sure my groups were taken care of.

This service was above and beyond what should be expected and required no little time on their part. I'm happy to again report that this hotel will always work to make sure their guests are happy and satisfied. They are wonderful travel partners and I highly recommend the hotel and the management and staff!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear SaraPgh,

Wow! I’m so happy to hear your group enjoyed their stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland. I appreciate your kind words about our five star staff. It’s encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with our team. Thank you taking the time to write.

Janine Pitner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumberland
3 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in LaVale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland
Best Western Braddock Inn

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland? Share your experiences!