“Really??”

Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Springfield, Virginia
“Really??”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Barely any German items, not even Spatzel! Also entire menu was non-German with a small few paragraphs at the end of the menu containing a limited variety. Very disappointing. I am sure this place was awesome back in the day, but they may as well turn it into a regular restaurant and not a German one. Maybe pay a visit to Germany and get an idea or at least an understanding of what German food is served in a German restaurant. Sehr traurig! :(

Visited July 2013

Bedford, Pennsylvania
“not what it used to be”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

The original Warner's could be classified as "what passes as a German restaurant in an area where there are none." To be charitable, one could say it was a mediocre American restaurant w/ a few unvarying German items [name more than content]. After being closed for a while it reopened, perhaps by a relative. Now it can be viewed as a very poor American restaurant w/ highly overpriced food, most of which would seem to have been prepared long ago in a commercial kitchen. Any coincidence between real German food and the tiny [and unchanging] nunmber of "German" dishes is purely coincidental.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank scooterpup
LaVale, Maryland
“Racist restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

**travelers beware** I'm one of those that rarely write reviews but will go and read about a place/thing before I visit or make a purchase. Had to share my experience.

My background: I am local to this area, I am of Asian decent, my husband is Caucasian, and we have a beautiful daughter together who was dining with us. First, we wait quite awhile before being seated, the place was not crowded nor busy. Once seated, we waited w/ no menus for another bit of time before another large group of people come in, are seated right away, get menus and take drink orders. So I think, maybe they just missed us, so I take it upon myself to get up and take a menu. Still no one comes to take our orders but will go around to all the other tables. It was almost 20min of nothing! Had to leave and my husband was enraged, he's never dealt with racism before. I spoke to friends about it and a few of them said they saw it happen before. They would be seated and watch minorities skipped and get up to leave for not being tended to!

I do understand owners have the right to refuse service, beware those who are a minority or those who are not racist people and do not share the same values! Think twice before giving this establishment your money, there are other racist venues around but if you're a paying customer, they'll treat you right. I suggest the following restaurants for local foods: Klines besides lovers leap(great prices), (deli) Queen City creamery, Fratellis, d'atris, gingers (from d.c., to Miami, to California, she has the best bulgolgi bento boxes!), Bunny's is alright but try the others first and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
9 Thank LV21502
Wheaton Maryland
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Went for Mothers day...worst food my family has ever had...cheap and processed food. Will never go back...sick all night. The price of the meal was crazy

• Visited May 2013
Maine
“Comfort and Kitsch at Warner's German Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

The food was delicious traditional German, the beer was great, the staff friendly. But it is the decor that makes this place stand out: over-the-top German, from the murals to every hanging lamp, free-standing sculpture, goat-herders, yodelers, flags, photographs, beer-steins. The waitresses are dressed in puffy blouse and Dirndl skirt. No detail has been ignored. We thought it was fun.

• Visited December 2012