“think would be great for kids”

Tri State Zoological Park
Reviewed 26 April 2014

a compact zoo with well cared for animals in tolerable enclosures, a reasonable walk for preschool. school-age children not wuite ready for the big zpps

1  Thank uckbuck

Reviewed 15 February 2014

At first glance you may decide not to visit, but that is a mistake. We got there shortly after opening and were the only ones there. We were able to talk with caretakers of the animals who gave us lots of information and insight about the animals. Some animals there were raised from birth, others were rescued. Animals were well cared for and looked good. Of all zoos I have been to, I will remember this one the most. They have a wolf who gave me the evil eye and is very pretty and a crow who is very entertaining. The most impressive and a bit unnerving is hearing the lion growl. It was very, very deep and you could hear it through out the zoo. I would not want to be on the same side of the fence with him. I very much recommend going here.

4  Thank JasperVirginia_USA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We visited the park on a Friday morning. We arrived as they open (10AM) and were greeted at the gate. We (myself, my husband, 6 y/o daughter and mother) had a great visit. We were a little skeptical at first since it seems like some of the park as seen better days. I know keeping up a private place like this takes a lot of work and money. We bought some feed bags but the animals were all friendly whether you had feed for them or not. There is a wide variety of animals here. We saw ducks, turkeys, chickens, peacocks and cats running free. My daughter was able to feed some of the birds from her hand. There is an enclosure with different types of birds and parrots. There is also an enclosure with snakes and turtles. The back part of the zoo has tigers, lions and bears. They all seem happy and well cared for. There are also petting zoo type animals, goats, mini horses, pigs and a couple monkeys. My daughter really enjoyed herself as did the rest of my family. We spent about an hour and a half and could have stayed a big longer. Totally worth the trip.

3  Thank gross5063

Been to Tri State Zoological Park? Share your experiences!