“Only one night”

Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cumberland
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We needed a room on Labor day weekend because of a last minute decision to visit our son at school. It was 20 miles from the college but was one of the last places that had rooms available. The hotel itself is in need of a make over but more importantly we found it to be clean. The evening desk clerk was great. she was so nice and had service with a smile. You must realize this young lady was working the evening shift on a holiday weekend and still managed a smile. we heard a guest complain about the train noise but we slept soundly. It is obvious that customer service is a priority which was nice to see. I have paid 3 times more and have felt like I was bothering the desk clerk just to check in.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
CT W, General Manager at Ramada Cumberland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Elaine,
I can't wait to share your comments with my staff. I know we are not the newest but that should not stop us from making you feel your are appreciated. Thank you for your kind comments. Please remember us for all those visits in the years to come.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed at the Ramada Cumberland because of it's location. We had access to several places to eat. The place is very tired and run down. The curtains in our room were actually shredded! It really needs up-dating. Jordan checked us and was very friendly and helped us find a place to eat.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AprilD21
CT W, General Manager at Ramada Cumberland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear April,
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. Being under new ownership, we have only begun to complete the renovations necessary to return this hotel to the levels you would expect from a Ramada Inn. I apologize for the condition of your room and would welcome the opportunity to "make it right" if you would be so kind as to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

room was clean and comfortable. The staff friendly. The biker discount was offerred without me asking. I will definitely stay at the Cumberland Md. Ramada on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
CT W, General Manager at Ramada Cumberland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Lawrence,
We work endlessly to ensure our staff is friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable, free breakfast gets you started off on the right foot and all at a reasonable rate. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I took my son and daughter to ride the train and we decided to make it a day trip. The hotel was very accommodating. I changed rooms because my son wanted to see the trains as they passed(which seemed like every 30 minutes). The train noise wasn't too bad, but maybe I'm a heavy sleeper. My 4 year old loved it! The rooms are clean, but slightly older. You can tell they remodeled, though and the hotel wasn't overpriced, like Fairfield Inn. The hotel has a place to eat I site and there are places to eat and shop within walking distance(1 mi). It took us maybe 5 minutes to walk to the train station.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank CarrieAlana

Dear Carrie,
It is great to hear your son enjoyed watching the trains go by and I am certain they both loved their ride. A memory that will stay with them forever. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
CT W, General Manager at Ramada Cumberland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Reviewed 27 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Andrew Y

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumberland
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland
Gunter Hotel
Gunter Hotel
#2 of 6 in Frostburg

Been to Ramada Cumberland Downtown? Share your experiences!