“buffet”

Skippers Pier Restaurant & Dock Bar
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Deale
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Churchton Md
“buffet”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

They have a Buffet on Fri nights 25.00 all you can eat or want it has been a while but was very disappointed with food on the buffet for 25.00 its mostly fried with few selections summer seems to be better if you go look over buffet before ordering.their regular menu is a little pricey and food is only soso for price.

• Visited February 2014

Somewhere in MD
“Friday Night Buffet”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Price $25.00 per person.

If you're someone that can put down food, then you might enjoy this. Buffet offered a very small salad bar, rolls (that ran out and were not replenished), Maryland crab soup. Moving down the line I saw: Hush Puppies, Fried Oysters, Fried Shrimp, Fried Cod, Steamed Salmon, Bruschetta Tilapia, Muscles & Clam Scampi (totally NOT scampi - steamed in white water with very few seasonings). Two small plates of bite size desserts (lemon bars, pecan bites, chocolate & coconut).

Overall, not bad but I wouldn't get the buffet again. I'd opt for a sandwich or a platter of my own.

• Visited January 2014
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“A score of 4 for the location & view, 3 for the food”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We visited Skipper's when family was in town so that they could have crabs and enjoy the beauty of Maryland. The parking lot is small and the food is not cheap but the view and location right on the water made for a wonderful lunch. The bartender was especially nice on the pier over the water. The food did come out sporadically. If you go, expect a casual experience. Note that children under 18 are not allowed to be at the bar.

• Visited September 2013
Cape Coral, Florida
“Tuesdays After 3 p.m. Great Crabs for $2 Each”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was our first visit to Skipper's and we found out from our waitress "CAT" at Coconut Joe's where we go on Thursdays that on Tuesdays Skipper's has $2 crabs so we decided to go there on Tuesday Oct. 8th. It was well worth the trip, the crabs were very, very good. We got a dozen and all were heavy except for 2 or 3, but I was getting so full because of the other 9 being so full and heavy. We also enjoyed 2 Bud Lights to enjoy with the crabs. We had EXCELLENT Service, but were there at 3:30 p.m. Dane was our waiter and we dined outside even though it was a little chilly and he must have checked on us 3 or 4 times to see if we needed anything else. Dane also recommended a GREAT dessert called Banana Bread Pudding with Ice Cream. My husband and I split it and it was very, very good. We can't wait to go back next Tuesday.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank PamJ4Avon
New Market, Maryland, United States
“Terrible Service, Mediocre Food”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Two visits, both on Sunday nights. The first visit I ordered the steak and my son the fish tacos. Steak was ok but took a long time. We had to ask someone else for drink refills and to check on on food because the waitress disappeared.

The second visit was far worse. My husband and I went for dinner on a Sunday night and the place was pretty busy. We sat outside at a picnic table. Right on the water, had fun watching drunk people trying to get into a dingy and back out to their boat. All the diners were taking bets on if they would make it without capsizing. Took the waitress about 15 minutes to get to us the first time. It was busy so, ok. The appetizer we ordered, crab bruschetta, was delicious but took about half an hour to come out and was not delivered by our waitress. We hadn't seen her since our drinks came. We asked the food delivery folks for plates for the appetizer as it was going to be messy. No plates. No napkins. No silverware.

Then it was time for the entree. And it took forever to come. And wasn't delivered by our waitress. We still hadn't seen her again. I thought there might have been some horrible kitchen accident. Oh and we still have no silverware. And we need drinks. Finally we see our waitress, it has been at least an hour since we have seen her. I am ticked off but civil and request our drinks, some napkins and some silverware and the check because we know we may not see her again. I am paying the check 15 minutes later and never received a drink refill (my husband did) and go to drink some of his ice tea that the waitress had brought out (new glass). And the tea has slime floating in it. and slime on the edge of the glass. Creamy slimy stuff!

I took the drink and the check and got the manager. I paid the check, showed him the drink, described the horrible service on both visits and left. He offered to make it up to us but I was ready to throw up from seeing the floating slime in the glass of ice tea and really can't imagine I would return.

• Visited September 2013