Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Courtyard Salisbury(Salisbury)
Residence Inn Salisbury(Salisbury)
US$150
US$133
Residence Inn
Budget Inn Salisbury(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$71
All reviewspancake makerocean cityhallway noisefree breakfastworked finelarge roombreakfast was deliciouswould stay here againbed was comfortablenice staywe've stayedsalisburypillowsmicrowavechannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Myself and I friend booked 3 nights during Bike Fest in Delmar. I have stayed at other HIE in the past with never a problem. This was the first time something had not gone smoothly. First off we were booked arriving Thurs afternoon and checking out on Sun. The weather looked questionable earlier in the week to ride down on Thurs so our group going decided to cancel the first night so we could leave Fri when the weather would be better. When we called to cancel our Thurs night reservation (prior to 24 hr notice) we were told we still had to pay for the room due to the on line booking it was done through. But the room was NOT booked on line it was done through the 800# for Holiday Inn. Trying to explain this it was to no avail, we still would be responsible for that night. So myself, and friend decided that if we had to pay for it we would be in it one way or another! So we lucked out and the weather held out until later and we made it without incident.
Once checked in the room was clean and spacious but what we didn't know that out room was adjacent to the fitness room! Needless to say at 5:30 am the next morning we were awoken to someone running on the treadmill and the TV blasting right next to our heads! We complained and asked to be moved but were told there were no other rooms available. That same night (Fri) at about 9:30-10:00 pm we could hear the TV again in the other room. We went over and found no one there and the TV up FULL VOLUME! So needless to say we turned it off.
After returning from being out most of the afternoon we also found that one of the key cards did not work and had to go back to the desk to have it fixed. This happened to BOTH key cards EVERY time we left the room! Only upon checkout were we told that they would check the lock that there could be a problem. REALLY???? NOW you're going to check after we had gone to the front desk at least 8 times over the course of our stay!
We barely got an apology from anyone and at one point the person seemed annoyed with us since we were there so many times with the key cards!
I'm really not sure if I will stay there again but if I do I really hope for a better experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Ghosthuntgirl,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. I appreciate the feedback that you have provided. We I am delighted to read that you had a great time a bike fest, I am saddened to read that you had an un-enjoyable stay at our hotel. I have shared your comments with our hotel team; so that we may be able provide better accommodations to all of our future guests. Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Generally speaking, the Holiday Inn is a hotel chain with a fairly decent reputation; however, this visit did not live up to that expectation. Only stayed for one night on a business trip. The room itself was okay at best. The bed was very uncomfortable and I've slept in a lot of hotel beds in my travels. The bathroom was even worse. The drain in the bathtub was clogged and the water would not go down. The toilet leaked to the point a cup was sat under it to catch the water so it wasn't all over the floor in the morning. For a nonsmoking facility, the stench of smoke coming from an adjacent room was offensive. I understand this aspect is beyond the hotel's control to some degree but combined with the other issues, it only added to the negatives. The positive would be the complimentary breakfast, which while wasn't outstanding, I found to be adequate. Overall, the next time my travels take me to this area, I will look elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
annewwebster, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear WandJkpa,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. I am sadden to read about your recent stay with us. Our goal is for each guest to have a delightful stay and we failed to accomplish this goal. I can assure you that we have resolved the problem with the leaky toilet and are continually working to find a solution to the smoke smell as some guests do not respect the 100% non-smoking policy. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed at the holiday near Englishtown, Co...wonderful experience...the one near East Brunswick, NJ also excellent...so it was a no brainer where we would stay when we came to Maryland. Unfortunately it was a nightmare. We were told the pool wasn't working and basically told we could go somewhere else if we didn't accept that. I called the other hotels but they were all booked since everyone was leaving this one and going to the others. We were billed wrongly and I tried explaining it to the Manager A. Webster...She was unsympathetic to a mom with two toddlers..I explained how hard it was to get two toddlers dressed and undressed to drive to another hotel miles away just to use their pools, her response was unsympathetic and basically said to me 'deal with it'...when I asked her to remove the additional charge she refused and was dismissive....I explained to her that it might be a small amount to her but it wasn't small to our family she continued talking about her rules, and then went on to talk about us to her employees. There were other guest in the lobby and they were shaking their heads at this treatment. There was only one person at the front desk at all times so if you needed something you had to get it yourself like sheets, etc. The breakfast was always removed well before the 9:30am cut off. I could go on and on but I really like the other holiday inns and don't want to ruin it for them. I really hope they make the necessary changes so no other family has to have their vacations ruined like this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsGD2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear MrsGD2013,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salisbury Delmar, MD. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This year my family and I chose to visit to Maryland for our family vacation. It was our first time visiting the state. We chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Delmar, Md. I've stayed at Holiday Inn expresses before but have never been so disappointed. The pool wasn't working for our entire stay (4 days). Our room was wasn't clean, after checking in we had to have housekeeping come in to vacuum and change soiled sheets. The staff was rude and short and dismissive. However, with all that I understood things beyond our control happen and that the hotel was short staffed and that they were "working diligently to get the pool operating", what I couldn't understand was why we were charged incorrectly and When this was bought to the attention of the front desk clerk Robert, he was very dismissive and annoyed that we were bothering him with this. When we asked to speak to a manager we were given a phone number, we were told that the manger is not on site. After some time Robert produced a woman on the phone by the name "Anne" who was more dismissive then Robert. The situation was explained to her and she listened but didn't hear a word we said. We explained the error on the bill and all the discomforts we experienced at the hotel but she did not remove the charge and stood by her initial statement that we should have gone elsewhere if we were so unhappy. I am so disgusted and disappointed in the service and attitude of the staff at this facility. They aren't sensible human beings and could care less about family

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ronide
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Ronide,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Delmar, MD. We apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. We understand the frustrations of not being able to utilize the amenities that the hotel provides our guests. Due to the unexpected maintenance of the pool, we did provide different options to assist our guests while visiting our location. Once again, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel upcharged our team when we went there for a softball tournament. $120 this week, they charged us $170/ night. I realize this is partly the fault of USSSA softball, but still, if they are catering to the team and overcharging us, perhaps they could avoid the following:
A huge list of DO NOTs -- ways that the Hotel will not accommodate a team of girls (3 teams were there that week).... Including that we may not loiter in the hallways outside our rooms, that the pool is only open till 8 and if that rule is broken we will be kicked out (it is light out past 8, and the girls are often on the field till 8). They would not assign any minors - the players - a key.

The internet cut out regularly, so 15 year old girls could not get onto the social media, etc.
The outside security door was technically locked but could be pulled open.
The elevator was broken for a full day of our stay.
The shower ceiling in a room near us caved in.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cacNy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear cacNy,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We would like to address this further and have sent you a private message.

Karen C